Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Video of a 2,000 Yard Ricochet

Got this link in an email last night, thought some might like to see it here :

This guy is shooting a Barrett 50 caliber sniper rifle. Watch the dust when he fires.
    The target is a steel plate, 1,000 yards (.57 miles, 10 football fields) one-way distance away. You can hear the ping of the hit on the target and then hear the bullet coming back.
    It hits the ground just in front of him(look at the dust cloud at 20-seconds)
    The 50 caliber bullet then bounces up and hits his earmuffs, knocking them off of his head.
    The footage is amazing. If you haven't heard a ricochet before, you can hear the bullet as it tumbles through the air on its course back toward the shooter.
    Consider the probability the bullet hitting the ground in exactly the right place to bounce up at the correct trajectory angle to hit his ear protection.

Fortunately the tumble, or the angle of the plate he was shooting at, changed the return course of the bullet by 6 inches "left" over 1.14 miles worth of total travel distance. Otherwise it would have been a "return one hop head shot", instead of an earphone shot.

The Barrett 50 caliber sniper rifle is one impressive weapon!
    This guy immediately went out and bought himself a lottery ticket ... AND he went to Church !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ABGIJwiGBc

MGO Member
    gota know your back stop

That's an oldie but goodie.
    If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

I am a Forum User
    When this was originally posted on The High Road (in 2007) they say he was shooting ball ammo at a 1" steel plate at 100 yards, not 1000 yards. Which makes this way more plausible. Willie, the person in the video participates in that thread.

I am a Forum User
    it was 1/4" plate at 100 yards http://madogre.com/?p=1090 for a full recount of what happened.

I am a Forum User
    Tagged

Joe

I am a Forum User
    Thanks, Draken, for the link & a better explication of the incident..
    Goes to show. you can't believe anything you find on the internet.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    Thanks, Draken, for the link & a better explication of the incident..
    Goes to show. you can't believe anything you find on the internet.
    No problem. Had almost the same thing happen with a .308. When it hit the steel it stripped the jacket off and it came back and sliced the side of my wrist pretty bad. Even when trying to be safe, sometimes bad things happen...and when they happen to someone else, we try to learn without going though the same pain.

I am a Forum User
    I've had a 230gr .45 acp bounce back and hit me in the fore head, luckiest shot ever. Perfect distance not to have it break skin and it also hit about perfect flat side (flattened)

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by .38special View Post
    I've had a 230gr .45 acp bounce back and hit me in the fore head, luckiest shot ever. Perfect distance not to have it break skin and it also hit about perfect flat side (flattened)
    Only guy I know that's been shot in the head with a .45 and lived to tell
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast