Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by postban View Post
    not a pistol but dang cheap

$ 329.99 complete upper

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...th-bcg-ch.html
    I was looking at the Bear Creek uppers also. They seem to have mixed reviews. So does the Savage, which sucks because I like the way the Axis looks and feels.

Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    I know AR pistols are all the rage right now, but I'd love for the old Magnum Research Lone Eagle to come back, or even better, Remington's XP-100. The 350 Legend would likely be a fun round in either of those platforms.

If the Lone Eagle ever comes back I would be among the first in line pretty much whatever the chambering.
    I have shot one in both 308 and 708 chambering and was very highly impressed. They are right up there with the Wichita imo, another handgun I’d like to own
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    I signed on to start exactly this thread. I was about to get a 450 Bushmaster pistol upper but am leaning hard towards the 350. Velocity loss as mentioned is minimal and for tree stand distances insignificant. I'm in.

I waited too long. Sold out. Oh well. I’ll have to find one elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    If the Lone Eagle ever comes back I would be among the first in line pretty much whatever the chambering.
    I have shot one in both 308 and 708 chambering and was very highly impressed. They are right up there with the Wichita imo, another handgun I’d like to own
    I'd forgotten about the Wichita... yeah, add that to the list.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Quote Originally Posted by DLL9MM View Post
    I was looking at the Bear Creek uppers also. They seem to have mixed reviews. So does the Savage, which sucks because I like the way the Axis looks and feels.
    I'm a hard pass on anything BCA. Bought two of their SS 6.5 Grendel bbls a few years back, had one cut to 12.5, left the other 16. Put together a pistol and rifle with them. The Pistol was the more accurate of the two doing about 5moa with Wolf Gold and twice that with Wolf steel case, the 16" one has a chamber that is undersized, like roughing reamer only undersized, will not chamber a round. Nice and shiny on the outside though. [barf sound]

Another friend bought a 16" and it actually worked but same bad accuracy.

Replaced the 16 with a Liberty bbl, half moa with Hornady Black or handloads, moa with Gold, 2moa with steel
    Replaced the 12.5 with a Ballistic Advantage Hanson 12.5 ^same accuracy^
    "The path to true knowledge is paved with wasted money" copyright postban forever!
    NRA Endowment Member, 2AF Life Member, GOA Patriot Member

Yeah. I think I’m going to pick up the savage for now and take advantage of the rebate, and when the Ruger pistol is back in stock I will get that also.

Quote Originally Posted by RifleGuy View Post
    I know AR pistols are all the rage right now, but I'd love for the old Magnum Research Lone Eagle to come back, or even better, Remington's XP-100. The 350 Legend would likely be a fun round in either of those platforms.
    I had one of those in the 90's. It was a 22-250 and made watermelon sized fireballs

If you have an T/C Encore frame MGM sells 350L bbls for it. https://matchgrademachine.com/produc...y/358-caliber/
    "The path to true knowledge is paved with wasted money" copyright postban forever!
    NRA Endowment Member, 2AF Life Member, GOA Patriot Member

MGO Member
    I picked up this upper kit a few weeks ago and assembled it. Sighted it in at 50 yards (one ragged hole).

https://www.deltateamtactical.com/Da...d_p_11409.html

I know delata team tactical isn't on anyone's list of top manufactures but I've used barrels and other components of theirs before and they always worked. Really just wanted a cheap way in to try the 350L.

I used an Anderson sporter upper instead of the one that came with it only because I had the Anderson and didn't think I needed the forward assist and ejection port cover on a sporting rifle. It will only be used for hunting. Shown below on a Stag Arms A2 lower build. I added a 2-7 Leupold scope taken off another rifle.
    Modified some 10 round plastic mags and it ran without a hiccup and shot into one hole at 50 yards like I said. Very mild recoil.

I killed a doe on opening day with my BCA 450BM barrel build. Am heading back up to use the 350L looking for the big buck this time.

That's the 450 upper w/2-7 Vortex scope on the top.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

I am a Forum User
    So to the OPs original question: anyone sent metal at meat from a pistol length 350L?

C'mon, I can't give you feedback of my own cause they're sold out so SOMEONE wanted to take a deer with one....I'll even take friend of a guy I knew at the bar told me....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast