Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulB84 View Post
    So to the OPs original question: anyone sent metal at meat from a pistol length 350L?

C'mon, I can't give you feedback of my own cause they're sold out so SOMEONE wanted to take a deer with one....I'll even take friend of a guy I knew at the bar told me....
    I killed my second deer of the season with my 350L, but it was a 16" bbl. Neck shot at 65 yards. I don't think a 10 or 11" bbl would have made any difference however.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

MGO Member
    One thing to consider is how you hunt. If you are in a blind and don't have a suppressor make sure you can get the pistol barrel outside far enough to not ring your ears.

I just ended up buying the Ruger MPR 350 Legend rifle. So far it’s nice.

I am a Forum User
    Look up information on the .357 Maximum. Basically the same round. (it's a rimmed case) It's been around since ~1983 and has been killing deer ever since. I took a 10 point with it this year in a 10" Contender at 80 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tree rat View Post
    Look up information on the .357 Maximum. Basically the same round. (it's a rimmed case) It's been around since ~1983 and has been killing deer ever since. I took a 10 point with it this year in a 10" Contender at 80 yards.
    The .357 lags somewhat behind the Legend in velocity, and energy. Not enough to matter to the target, but still a significant difference.
    The Maximum is mostly a handloading proposition, though a few small shops offer 'factory' loadings... at about $1.00/round.

That said,if I could lay my hands on one of the old Ruger Blackhawk .357 Maximum revolvers I'd do so in a blink.

My fascination with all things AR has waned.... I'll probably be selling off the shtuff I have on hand. I've fallen back to my love for revolvers, lever actions, and bolt actions.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    I happen to know where a Dan Wesson maxi resides and is looking for a home.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123