Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

350 Legend pistol for deer?

I’ve decided to start deer hunting again and am interested in a 350 Legend. I was going to just pick up a bolt-action rifle, but these ARs are interesting. Mainly the pistols. I’m wondering how the 350 Legend performs out of a short barrel. Anyone have any experience? I’m looking at the Ruger AR556 350 pistol.

Bad idea for a hunting gun?

Why not a 16 in rifle ar15 ?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Why not a 16 in rifle ar15 ?
    I don’t know. I guess I just kinda like the idea of the pistol. I’m just wondering how the 350 does in a short barrel and if that’s a good choice for deer.
    I may end up with a rifle.

I think its a pretty good idea because I started a 350L pistol build as soon as I heard about the cartridge last January.
    Mine is a 12.5" and I am getting pretty good numbers with it.

200gr cast avg 2013fps 1800fpe
    180gr XTP avg 2180fps 1899fpe

Those are handloads, factory loads are a little slower but still give you almost 900fpe at 200yds [calculated]

I am using the Win 150gr load for its expansion and penetration numbers.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "The path to true knowledge is paved with wasted money" copyright postban forever!
    NRA Endowment Member, 2AF Life Member, GOA Patriot Member

I have a Savage on layaway which I like, but I started looking at the AR pistols. I may have to get both.

if its for S and giggles I'm sure you will drop a deep at 80 yards. If you can take a deer further with a 357 mag, albeit a longer barrel ... but just gotta ask why.

Just go get a savage or ruger in 350, savage have like 4-5 models in 350 now.

I am a Forum User
    There is a youtube video of a guy cutting a barrel from like 20" to 7" and chronographing shots. Numbers are pretty impressive from a short barrel. I think you'd be happy, it really does not give up much velocity down to 10".

Yeah. It’s kinda hard to beat the price in my opinion. I probably won’t get much time in the woods with it this year, but at least I would have a fun AR pistol that will be all set up for next year.

not a pistol but dang cheap

$ 329.99 complete upper

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...th-bcg-ch.html
    "The path to true knowledge is paved with wasted money" copyright postban forever!
    NRA Endowment Member, 2AF Life Member, GOA Patriot Member

Quote Originally Posted by DLL9MM View Post
    I’ve decided to start deer hunting again and am interested in a 350 Legend. I was going to just pick up a bolt-action rifle, but these ARs are interesting. Mainly the pistols. I’m wondering how the 350 Legend performs out of a short barrel. Anyone have any experience? I’m looking at the Ruger AR556 350 pistol.

Bad idea for a hunting gun?
    I know AR pistols are all the rage right now, but I'd love for the old Magnum Research Lone Eagle to come back, or even better, Remington's XP-100. The 350 Legend would likely be a fun round in either of those platforms.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast