Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    Has anyone been by the Pit to see if anything/what has been happening?
    The pit is closed for renovations, only found out by checking the google reviews. Saved me an hour+ drive there. Also the name of the pit has been changed to "DNR Lapeer Pit"

MGO Board of Directors

"But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    (b) Target shoot before signing in.

Seems like the pit is getting an RSO?

Quote Originally Posted by LP560 View Post
    (b) Target shoot before signing in.

Seems like the pit is getting an RSO?
    Yep, the pit has never been a DNR designated range, just a place on the state game area that is opened to hunting and shooting. The DMR due to pressure from people living in the area has decided to improve the site, call it a "range" allowing them to introduce fees, rules and a RSO to enforce them. Think Bald Mountain, Ortonville, etc.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    Yep, the pit has never been a DNR designated range, just a place on the state game area that is opened to hunting and shooting. The DMR due to pressure from people living in the area has decided to improve the site, call it a "range" allowing them to introduce fees, rules and a RSO to enforce them. Think Bald Mountain, Ortonville, etc.
    Those are all "recreation areas", this will be a little different.

And everybody can thank representative Gary Howell for listening to those few malicious squeaky wheels, the same ones that would set spiked boards and other dangerous crap. Nobody had the power to screw up the place like what is happening now, before Howell stuck his... umm... nose it it.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I think they are going to see a HUGE attendance drop at the pit when it reopens. People would drive a long way to shoot at the pit. Now that it’s just another DNR range, nobody is going to pass by 2-3 other regulated shooting ranges to get there.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the pit doesn’t even have enough attendance to keep it open if it’s turned into an official staffed range.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    You declared that yourself, with nothing to substantiate the claim.

Why would anybody feel a responsibility to address your nebulous claim?
    These improvements are possible through grant funding from the Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund as well as the Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration act through the United States Fish and Wildlife Service.

Grants. From state and federal taxpayer funds.

Anything else, Sir?

Quote Originally Posted by midlandshooter View Post
    These improvements are possible through grant funding from the Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund as well as the Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration act through the United States Fish and Wildlife Service.

Grants. From state and federal taxpayer funds.

Anything else, Sir?
    And the situation hasn't changed, as to the question of why no one else wants to address your claims.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345