Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

Fined for baiting

A neighbor of mine was observed pouring corn along his fence line and ticketed ($250) by the CO that watched him.
    If he was hunting, instead of simply baiting, would his rifle been up for grabs?
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Member
    yep,and they up here in Northeast are confiscating 4 wheelers,and side by side that are used to haul said bait,is it right? no but the said vehicles are used to break the law,not saying they won't get them back buuuut,its on same plane as drug dealers running drugs here cars/trucks get taken

I am a Forum User
    I was speaking to a CO last week about a neighbor that was caught baiting on his property the previous week. I asked what the punishment was, and he said that it usually only involves a fine, and they can't hunt the area for a given amount of time, but I forgot to ask him how long that would be. I'm not sure if anyone was actually caught hunting over it or that just the baiting sight was found. There has been an unusual amount of fly overs since Oct.1 in our area.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

who says he was baiting? maybe he was just planting early...
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    who says he was baiting? maybe he was just planting early...
    or perhaps he's an animal lover merely feeding hungry critters

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    I have 2 questions no one has asked yet...

What on earth was your neighbor doing pouring corn on a fence line for? If he was baiting, why was he doing so on a fence on his property line as opposed to farther inbound of his property line? Something just doesn’t wash with that description.

Second, where was this CO and how did he observe the neighbor? Was the property line in question the roadway ROW or was the CO somehow able to observe the offense from an adjacent property?
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

"Second, where was this CO and how did he observe the neighbor? Was the property line in question the roadway ROW or was the CO somehow able to observe the offense from an adjacent property"

One of the neighbors dropped a dime on him,
    "dying ain't much of a living boy"

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    What on earth was your neighbor doing pouring corn on a fence line for?
    Cause that would give him a clear shot from where he hunts.

If he was baiting, why was he doing so on a fence on his property line as opposed to farther inbound of his property line?
    You're assuming that he only has one fence and that said fence is on his property line. He has many fences, pastures, woodlots, and such.

Second, where was this CO
    The CO was sitting in his truck on the public roadway that runs between the guy's fields. Was probably just driving by until he saw what he saw.

and how did he observe the neighbor?
    Binoculars?

Was the property line in question the roadway ROW or was the CO somehow able to observe the offense from an adjacent property?
    No property line involved in this situation whatsoever.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by josey wales View Post
    One of the neighbors dropped a dime on him,
    That's my guess as well.

MGO Member
    And we all now know one of the said neighbors.

Shame Shame, we know your name.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast