Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Shoot me an email with the exact models you're looking for. More often than not I can beat the prices you have.

Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Shoot me an email with the exact models you're looking for. More often than not I can beat the prices you have.
    Yes, he can.
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

I am a Forum User
    I understand that folks like to save money - who doesn't? All I ever hope for is that folks will at least give me the opportunity to quote someone versus just assuming that, as a small business owner, my prices will be higher.

Unfortunately, there will always be some products that we can't sell as low as big online dealers or big box brick and mortars. Guys like me don't have the capital to sell loss leaders (A loss leader is a product or service that is offered at a price that is not profitable, but it is sold to attract new customers or to sell additional products and services to those customers), simply because we don't have the foot traffic (or web traffic) like those Goliaths.

Other than those loss leaders and product that Goliath buys by the 1000s (and gets huge volume discounts), I am able to beat pricing on 90% of what I sell.

I also am the kind of guy to advise you of where you can go buy something at substantially less than what I can get it for (ask my customers), if I am aware of it. I will never try to sell something to make a few bucks today, only to turn that person off to future sales because s/he found out I charged him/her far more than what they could have paid for it elsewhere.

That said, I must say that I have decent number of customers who have flat-out refused to order online and, instead insisted that they purchase from me in spite of the fact that the item they want can be had for less if ordered online. They emphatically stated that they prefer to patronize the smaller local businesses vs. the big box or Goliath online stores.

A nice chunk of my customers are repeat business, and another nice chunk are people who have come to me on the recommendation of my past customers. I like to take that as I'm doing something right.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    I also am the kind of guy to advise you of where you can go...
    Yes, you are!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    A nice chunk of my customers are repeat business, and another nice chunk are people who have come to me on the recommendation of my past customers. I like to take that as I'm doing something right.
    Clearly, you are!
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    Yes, you are!
    I didn't catch that at first ...

Sorry local shop. I am buying online.

BTW, the Vortex Sparc AR is my choice. You can get the for $130 or so if you use a coupon code or on sale. Check primary arms or pool palmetto. I really like the Auto off feature. Also like the rubber body cover and mounts they come with.

I am a Forum User
    I wish I could support a local gun shop. Their prices aren't competitive. They usually don't stock what I want. If your not holding out money they act like your not worth spending time with because your going to buy it online anyway. I recently asked about grip screws at a local one man gun shop and he told me to go online and then turned away to go back to what he was doing. He made me feel stupid for asking. He had some used dies for sale and I brought them up to the counter and asked how much they were. He told me they weren't free just because they didn't have a price on them. Again he made me feel stupid for asking. Then he told me I didn't want them because they weren't carbide and he never did give me a price. I did buy several boxes of over priced 9mm, but I will not go back to that shop. We have a overpriced local hardware store near me. I used to shop there knowing I was over paying but didn't mind. If I went in there to buy a single screw I knew they would spend 10 minutes trying to find it. Now if I go there I get the same level of service I get at Home depot or Lowes so now I go to the big box store or just buy online.

I am a Forum User
    Amazon set the standard. Easy to use. Stuff is easy to find. They have reviews. Theres more than one source to choose from with just about anything. They often have the item used as well as new. Returns are easy. Customer service is amazing. Shipping is fast. prices are usually better.

Quote Originally Posted by eightbit View Post
    I wish I could support a local gun shop. Their prices aren't competitive. They usually don't stock what I want. If your not holding out money they act like your not worth spending time with because your going to buy it online anyway. I recently asked about grip screws at a local one man gun shop and he told me to go online and then turned away to go back to what he was doing. He made me feel stupid for asking. He had some used dies for sale and I brought them up to the counter and asked how much they were. He told me they weren't free just because they didn't have a price on them. Again he made me feel stupid for asking. Then he told me I didn't want them because they weren't carbide and he never did give me a price. I did buy several boxes of over priced 9mm, but I will not go back to that shop. We have a overpriced local hardware store near me. I used to shop there knowing I was over paying but didn't mind. If I went in there to buy a single screw I knew they would spend 10 minutes trying to find it. Now if I go there I get the same level of service I get at Home depot or Lowes so now I go to the big box store or just buy online.
    They definitely are competitive. They are not the same usually, not lower, but then, how could they be. Amazon barely pays their workers, works them do death, they drive like maniacs, they have a bunch of problems people give them a pass on. They sub out their driving to even yet cheaper third parties, that I think are mis classifying the drivers for taxes reasons as well.

Thats not sustainable for amazon in a lot of ways, and no way the same as what you expect in a store.

When people go to a store, they get really fussy if they are not waited on right away, treated well etc.

If one wants a local gun store to compete with amazon, you should expect substantially worse service, waits, products etc than walmart.

But people do not do that, they want amazon price, concierge level service, white glove service.

Local Gun Shop Story

Wandered into Dearborn Outdoors the other day. Nice bunch of guys. Friendly, helpful, and only a bit of gentle up-selling.
    They had a Ruger 77/22 hanging on the wall. Some light cosmetic damage, nothing horrible, and nothing I cannot easily fix. Excellent price.

BUT... I still didn't have a driver's license of the new copy of my CPL. I had printed receipts from the transactions ordering the documents, I had expired documents, but nothing valid.

They put the rifle on lay-away for me, honored the advertised Black Friday pricing, and made me feel like I was a valued customer.

Picked the rifle up a few days later, and again experienced friendly, efficient, helpful service. THIS kind of customer care wins my loyalty every time.

The rifle is on the workbench right now, and should be fully revived by New Years Day. Something I have wanted for years, but didn't want to pay the price of new. Thanks Dearborn Outdoors!
    Life is too serious to take too seriously.

NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    Celebrate Recovery! Member & Group Coach

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast