Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledhead View Post
    Around here the LGS aren't even competitive with online.

There is a guy in Rose City that has as been around forever, still need to stop in and check his inventory.
    You should look up total revenue by store for a Walmart, then say what you think a local gun store is. Then explain how they can possibly do it.

I run into this often. People think because they understand how Sam did it way back when, your local deli, liquor store, landscaping company, dog groomer, barber whatever should almost give stuff away, make up for it on volume.

There's just one problem. Take barber as example. You can only cut so much hair in one day. It's not comparable to putting two pallets of toasters in the isle at Walmart and not even putting a price tag on them.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    You should look up total revenue by store for a Walmart, then say what you think a local gun store is. Then explain how they can possibly do it.

I run into this often. People think because they understand how Sam did it way back when, your local deli, liquor store, landscaping company, dog groomer, barber whatever should almost give stuff away, make up for it on volume.

There's just one problem. Take barber as example. You can only cut so much hair in one day. It's not comparable to putting two pallets of toasters in the isle at Walmart and not even putting a price tag on them.

Bingo,

I think consumers overestimate what some of these shops are bringing in. Especially the ones with lower pricing. Competitive Local stores are going to mark new guns up around 10% and you cannot rely on used guns to make more markup like you used to because more people are selling guns themselves online. Unless you have a range as well its a hard business to get started in.

MGO Member

I understand.

I'm not going to pay $150 more for a gun from the LGS just because.

His problems aren't mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledhead View Post
    I understand.

I'm not going to pay $150 more for a gun from the LGS just because.

His problems aren't mine.
    Yeah my example was ammo, based on the other guys ammo story. Not a big deal to me.

There are lgs that a $300-400-500 gun can be had with in a few bucks of online prices when you factor in shipping, taxes, ffl.

It's fine either way. You seemed perturbed that the little gun shop is not selling stuff at a loss for you. That's weird.

Expecting the price to be like Walmart is odd. Expecting it to be like online just shows how impossible consumers are.

If you have to pay a guy to stand around all day, pay for everything a store has, it's never going to be the same as a drop shipper.

Lastly you would not be paying it just because.

First it's the actual cost, not something he made up toneff you over.

You are paying that to see the gun, hold the gun, inspect it, and walk out with it no wait that day.

I am a Forum User
    I don't see how the LGS even has a chance. They can't buy the volume to compete. They can't stock the variety to compete. We are spoiled by choices.

MGO Member
    Yeah my example was ammo, based on the other guys ammo story. Not a big deal to me.

There are lgs that a $300-400-500 gun can be had with in a few bucks of online prices when you factor in shipping, taxes, ffl.

It's fine either way. You seemed perturbed that the little gun shop is not selling stuff at a loss for you. That's weird.

Expecting the price to be like Walmart is odd. Expecting it to be like online just shows how impossible consumers are.

If you have to pay a guy to stand around all day, pay for everything a store has, it's never going to be the same as a drop shipper.

Lastly you would not be paying it just because.

First it's the actual cost, not something he made up toneff you over.

You are paying that to see the gun, hold the gun, inspect it, and walk out with it no wait that day.
    Not sure what your fascination is with Wal-Mart. Never once have I looked at a gun there.

If you are paying MSRP for a gun, good for you. Do you pay MSRP on your new vehicle's? Very doubtful, if you are...

Why should I have to pay for a guy to stand around all day?
    Again, not my problem and there is his price inflation.
    Trying to recoup his standing around all day on one gun.

When I walk into a gun shop, I know what I want. I have already shot and fondled it.

I'm glad you like to pay MSRP for everything and that's your choice.

I'm done here, have a wonderful day.

I am a Forum User
    Who said anything about MSRP?

No one did. He just isn't understanding is my guess.

Not one person said is what your "problem" someone has to pay an employee to stand around. The point was every business has overhead and it will hit small businesses more. There for, it affects price. Not that hard of a concept to grasp.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234