Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Banned

Mother may I, to cross state lines

What's the turnaround, and what's the damn process?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by midlandshooter View Post
    What's the turnaround, and what's the damn process?
    https://www.atf.gov/file/11361/download

5320.20 can also be faxed or scanned and emailed to save some shipping time:

The registered owner of NFA firearm(s) shall complete two copies of ATF Form 5320.20 and forward the forms to the Director, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405 (Attention: NFA Branch). The form can be submitted via facsimile to the NFA Branch at (304) 616-4501 or may be scanned and emailed to NFAFax@atf.gov.

Recently, between 2 to 4 weeks turnaround.

If your NFA item is owed by your NFA trust then you will put the trust name in Question 1 of the Form 20 rather than your own name. You then sign it in Question 12 with your own name but add “, as trustee” after your name.

Banned
    Thanks! Be fun to take the toy along to visit my buddy for the holidays. 2 to 4 weeks sounds like I should be able to pull it off!

How long can one be good for? Or does it have to be filled out each time, rather than for a year? I heard in the past they'd approve them for a year, and folks would fill say 3 out, for Knob Creek, a vacation to Florida, and say a friend in Texas, blanket for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    https://www.atf.gov/file/11361/download

5320.20 can also be faxed or scanned and emailed to save some shipping time:

The registered owner of NFA firearm(s) shall complete two copies of ATF Form 5320.20 and forward the forms to the Director, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, 244 Needy Road, Martinsburg, WV 25405 (Attention: NFA Branch). The form can be submitted via facsimile to the NFA Branch at (304) 616-4501 or may be scanned and emailed to NFAFax@atf.gov.

Recently, between 2 to 4 weeks turnaround.

If your NFA item is owed by your NFA trust then you will put the trust name in Question 1 of the Form 20 rather than your own name. You then sign it in Question 12 with your own name but add “, as trustee” after your name.
    Would that be line 13? Thanks for that fillable form by the way!
    Active airport shooter

Quote Originally Posted by midlandshooter View Post
    Thanks! Be fun to take the toy along to visit my buddy for the holidays. 2 to 4 weeks sounds like I should be able to pull it off!

How long can one be good for? Or does it have to be filled out each time, rather than for a year? I heard in the past they'd approve them for a year, and folks would fill say 3 out, for Knob Creek, a vacation to Florida, and say a friend in Texas, blanket for the year.
    Good for a year, well, I believe 364 days to be exact.
    I filled out a couple of them over the years when I'd take a class across state lines and was using my SBR. Just put in the address of the hotel I was staying at. I do believe you can fill out multiple ones for the same NFA item, just be aware that you'll need an address for where you're staying. Can't just put, "Florida".
    Now, when I moved from MI to AZ, I filled out about 15 of them for all my NFA items. Got all back within less than 2 weeks. Wish Form 4's were as fast and easy.

Banned
    Lol, "blah blah have been compiled with."

Their form has a typo.

I actually had one rejected. The mode of transport didn’t print even though it was visible on the pdf, and the examiner decided she didn’t agree with what I put for the model of three or so guns. It was exactly as I have submitted for about the last five years. I resubmitted with the mode of transport corrected and copies of the form 4s that showed I had the models right. They turned it around the day they received it.

As a side note, if anyone is interested in a fillable .pdf with 9 lines instead of 3, lemme know.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    Would that be line 13? Thanks for that fillable form by the way!
    Used to be 12, now 13. Apparently, they just revised the form a few weeks back, adding a new item. Thx.

Item 5.
    5.png

Form 5320.20 Revised August 2016
    12.jpg

Form 5320.20 Revised October 2019
    13.jpg

Banned
    Got my approved mother may I back yesterday. Way less painful than I'd expected. Thanks, guys!