Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    so many to choose from...
    watching retailers try to figure out how to deal with ammo for PCCs and large frame pistols that fire rifle ammo is fun.

But for laws that make people unintentional criminals?
    loaded guns illegally stored/transported in motor vehicles - that include setting a gun on your tailgate and also keep you from using ATVs and guns on their own property.
    Woah woah woah... What does this mean? So if I owned 100 acres in MI, and decided to drive around my ATV on my property, I can't have a loaded rifle slung across my back?

I think having a different measuring standard then the rest of the nation is pretty stupid!
    Active airport shooter

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by 93bandit View Post
    Woah woah woah... What does this mean? So if I owned 100 acres in MI, and decided to drive around my ATV on my property, I can't have a loaded rifle slung across my back?
    Ask the DNR...
    Transporting Firearms, Crossbows, and Bows and Arrows

These rules apply whether your vehicle is parked, stopped, moving or is on private or public property. Firearms must be unloaded in the barrel, and all arrows must be in a quiver when a hunter is afield outside the legal hunting hours.

At all times, when carried in or on an off-road vehicle (ORV):

Rifles, shotguns, muzzleloading and other firearms must be unloaded in both barrel and magazine and enclosed in a case or equipped with and made inoperative by a manufactured keylocked trigger-housing mechanism.
    Crossbows, slingshots, and bows and arrows must be enclosed in a case or unstrung.
    I don't know if the LAW actually says this, but I feel like it's in there somewhere.

Also, this confusion issue was almost eliminated - in a bill that didn't make it through the process not too long ago
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 93bandit View Post
    Incredible.

This is basically why I started this infuriating post.
    I consider myself pretty familiar with the laws but, how easily one can innocently run afoul of the law is ridiculous.

"Three Felonies a Day"

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    Ask the DNR...

I don't know if the LAW actually says this, but I feel like it's in there somewhere.

Also, this confusion issue was almost eliminated - in a bill that didn't make it through the process not too long ago
    because coincidentally there was a shooting incident somewhere.

never let a good crisis go to something something

MGO Board of Directors

Where's MidlandShooter when we need him? (He's probably still typing and up to three pages by now!)
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    Where's MidlandShooter when we need him? (He's probably still typing and up to three pages by now!)
    3 pages? He's probably starting his own forum just for this. I hope he let's us know when it is up and running.

I am a Forum User
    The second amendment. It nullifies all the others. or it was supposed to, when the system used to work.

I am a Forum User
    CPL

NFA.

Hughes Amendment.

Murpheys law?

Goodwins law.

I am a Forum User
    If you are hunting or on state land you must adhere to the restrictions of firearms cars, atv etc... is my understanding. On your property im pretty sure you can conceal a firearm rifle or pistol, car, truck camper, snowmobile, whatever.

Exemptions is a kick in the face. I wonder what the other persons exempt part is about?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast