Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: CZ buying Colt?

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

That might be for the best. Colt has bad management for about 20-30 years now.

I would rather a more successful american company buy them, or a talented manager run them, but this might end up really nice.

I am a Forum User
    Well, CZ bought Dan Wesson & look how that worked out... Dan Wesson raised prices & makes a bunch of different models.
    From a firearm purchaser's perspective , Colt taken over by CZ could be a very good thing.
    To see another American company ,with a long history, be sold to a foreign company may not be viewed as a positive thing.
    Fiat bought Chrysler, so nothing is beyond possibility anymore.

I am a Forum User
    I’m a big fan of CZ products. I’d rather see Colt owned by an American company but I think CZ is a great fit. Unlike Colt CZ is innovative and well run. CZ’s experience making the Dan Wesson line of 1911’s and revolvers seems like a good fit for Colt with there lines of handguns. I can CZ wanting to compete with FNH for M4 contracts so Colt’s a natural fit there for CZ even if Colt is currently farming out most or all of the parts to other contractors.

One of the best CZs I ever owned was a result of a joint operation with Colt, their roots go back a long ways...
    Active airport shooter

If not cz who would buy colt that is not too similar in product line already?

I am a Forum User
    What does Colt have, that CZ wants?

I am a Forum User
    I would think that it would be brand recognition...but then CZ is a well established brand in it's own right. My guess is that they are doing it to get the brand and it's name affiliated loyalty. The mention of CZ using colt to go against FN for the M4 contracts would make sense also.

Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    What does Colt have, that CZ wants?
    loyal buyers, a name that means something to the general public. Everyone in America knows colt and smith and Wesson. CZ has no name recognition with non gun people, or new gun people. If you said CZ to an old lady at church she would think you misspoke or she heard you wrong. She knows colt though.

Also colt has big contracts already signed.

Quote Originally Posted by 00jeepxj View Post
    I would think that it would be brand recognition...but then CZ is a well established brand in it's own right. My guess is that they are doing it to get the brand and it's name affiliated loyalty. The mention of CZ using colt to go against FN for the M4 contracts would make sense also.
    Casual buyers like the people running out to buy guns in a panic buy what they know (colt, ruger, smith and wesson), or buy whats cheapest. They are not informed. I would say 30-35 percent of gun owners just want to have three guns in their name, they barely shoot, do not care about being proficient, they can just see a movie and if they have 1500 in their pocket they will buy the gun from a movie or what their dad or brother says to buy etc. These people have never heard of cz.