Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gun Show Review

MGO Member
    I just got back from the Michigan Antique Arms Show at Novi and enjoyed it. Closest thing to a real gun show in these parts except if your into newer stuff. Bought a P-38 AC 42 and a 1966 High Standard Slug Gun in 12 gauge. No pickles.
    Looking back, I should have bought some pickles from the fellow at Birch Run, they sure did smell good.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by M5NSX View Post
    The internet has made gun shows obsolete. I remember the Goodman shows at old Light Guard Armory on 8 Mile back in the day. What a great gun show!!
    Those were "real" gun shows with tons of cool stuff at discount prices. I remember when you could walk through about three isles and buy all the parts needed to assemble an Uzi for cheap!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbbb14 View Post
    Heading to the Grand Rapids show next weekend. Have already done port Huron, Lansing and novi this year. Novi was definitely the largest.
    I went to the last GR show and it was a total waste of time. I had fond memories of attending in the past but it had been 5+ years since going to one. Much smaller than I remember. No deals on ammo, gun prices higher than local used gun stores, almost no reloading components except a few guys selling over priced used brass. Common magazines double the online cost.

Don't even get me started on the restrictions they put on lawful carry.

Edit: I said restrictions but what I meant was prohibition.
    Last edited by eightbit; 11-30-2019 at 06:04 PM. Reason: clarifying point

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by eightbit View Post
    I went to the last GR show and it was a total waste of time.
    Luckily, I am not driving 2 hours for the sole purpose of attending the gun show. My parents live in grand rapids, so I can kill 2 birds with one stone.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M5NSX View Post
    The internet has made gun shows obsolete. I remember the Goodman shows at old Light Guard Armory on 8 Mile back in the day. What a great gun show!!
    yes I would spend 3 or 4 hours just looking , now it takes me longer to drive to one then the time I spend there

MGO Member
    To me the best Michigan gun show was in Grand Rapids years ago at the Delta Plex? Well second to the Midland gun show that was once a year in downtown Midland.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    Shout out to Ammo Clips & Grips for being the biggest douche and most overpriced vendor I've ever seen in my life. $2200+ for the same gun someone 3 tables away sells for $500 because his is some "rare model that nobody else in america has". Total Fecalbag.
    Perhaps there should be a law so as not offend potential buyers.....
    Isn't it great that we live in a country that allows us to value our own property at whatever we think it's worth?

I see used vehicles all the time that are priced in the "Oh I wish" category. I don't think ill of these sellers. As a matter of fact, I hope they sell their item and do well. I want everyone to prosper.

I miss the old gun shows, but I wouldn't give up the internet in order to go back to the old days....
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    i remember and agree

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedog2 View Post
    I just got back from the Michigan Antique Arms Show at Novi and enjoyed it. Closest thing to a real gun show in these parts except if your into newer stuff. Bought a P-38 AC 42 and a 1966 High Standard Slug Gun in 12 gauge. No pickles.
    Looking back, I should have bought some pickles from the fellow at Birch Run, they sure did smell good.
    Dang it I forgot about this show. I wanted to go to it. I see it ends in 30 min too.

MGO Member
    Has anyone been to the Green Acres show in St Clair Shores? I used to go to that show 40 years ago, when it was held in the Green Acres Hall at 13 Mile & Mound. Haven't been since they moved to SCS.
    "I'm good to go, even if I'm not going anywhere."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast