Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gun Show Review

I am a Forum User
    My favorite is the Novi show that is in cahoots with the Ohio collectors whatever club. The show is about sales but has an equal social and networking component. My only complaint is the donuts so stop off for breakie first.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    I go to Birch Run just for Nowicki's Sausage, and occasionally to browse stuff.

The ONLY vendor who has good prices is Brian at Buckshots Firearms out of Perry, MI. I go to Birch Run and Novi just to see him, I usually buy 1-2 guns from him because his prices are awesome and he usually has really cool stuff.

Other than that, I like to walk around and laugh at the other vendors. Shout out to Ammo Clips & Grips for being the biggest douche and most overpriced vendor I've ever seen in my life. $2200+ for the same gun someone 3 tables away sells for $500 because his is some "rare model that nobody else in america has". Total Fecalbag.

I concur, Brian is a good guy and the Ammo, Clips and Grips guy is so overpriced I can’t believe it.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyster View Post
    I love pickles
    I love pickles too! Buy them in the gallon jars!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by M5NSX View Post
    The internet has made gun shows obsolete. I remember the Goodman shows at old Light Guard Armory on 8 Mile back in the day. What a great gun show!!
    I can still hear the jingle: "Bill Goodman gun and knife showwww...come early...bring a friend"

I remember going to that one during Desert Storm with my dad. I had $100 in my pocket. I was eying up a a Russian SKS in cosmoline. Dad convinced me to get an absolute POS jam-o-matic Survival Arms AR7. My dad's exact quote was " hell son, you don't want to waste your money on one of those commie guns that you can't get ammo for. This little .22 will last you forever."

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by M5NSX View Post
    The internet has made gun shows obsolete. I remember the Goodman shows at old Light Guard Armory on 8 Mile back in the day. What a great gun show!!
    Yes those old shows at the Armory were awesome! I still like the current shows too. It's nice to actually see and handle the new stuff!

I keep going to the Port Huron one. Went today. I just want them to keep it and figure the only way for it to get bigger and continue coming is if people go to it. Wife always buys sausage, pickles and roasted nuts. I like the Birchrun show but mainly because my wife and I make a day of it to escape the kids and go on a short road trip.
    Last edited by Geniusjim; 01-08-2020 at 07:51 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Had good luck at the Brownstown sports center found a magazine for my ruger that was hard to find. except gun broker so it worked out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by moosedog2 View Post
    the Birch Run Craft Show that allows some guns too. I saw toy trains, jewelry, jerky and new to me, a pickle salesman. Yes, a stand with about six barrels of pickles and brats for sale. Actually a very nice, clean, quality setup. The pickles smelled great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyster View Post
    I love pickles
    Quote Originally Posted by MC Sniper View Post
    Pickles and brats? What's not to like?
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedog2 View Post
    Looking back, I should have bought some pickles from the fellow at Birch Run, they sure did smell good.
    Quote Originally Posted by dave7120 View Post
    I love pickles too! Buy them in the gallon jars!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geniusjim View Post
    Wife always buys sausage, pickles...

Apparently this is a thing. I was talking to my brother over the holidays and he told me he'll go to the show once a year and get pickles! (and maybe browse).

Maybe I should look in to these pickles. Pickles are good.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Geniusjim View Post
    I keep going to the Port Huron one. Went today. I just want them to keep it and figure the only way for it to get bigger and continue coming is if people go to it. Wife always buys sausage, pickles and roasted nuts. I like the Birchrun show but mainly because my wife and I make a day of it to escape the kids and go on a short road trip.
    I forgot there was one last weekend, maybe if they advertised it... The pickle guy wasn't there last time, kid was bummed as was I LOL. I did get a gas block, but after the entry fee for all of us i could have bought one anywhere for less.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMLE View Post
    Apparently this is a thing. I was talking to my brother over the holidays and he told me he'll go to the show once a year and get pickles! (and maybe browse).

Maybe I should look in to these pickles. Pickles are good.
    Maybe they should have a "pickle show" then we would see some different firearms lol

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast