Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Gun Show Review

MGO Member
    Gun show trader is showing a show in Gaylord does anyone know if it's still on ?

I am a Forum User
    My Son is very much a fan of American and War History, and will read books regularly on the topics, study different periods, binge watch history shows, etc.
    The last gun show I went to, he came along. He basically ended up hanging around the two or thee guys that dealt strictly in war goods, history photos, memorabilia, books, etc. conversing with them and picking their brains the entire time.
    I walked around for entertainment value. I guess shows are great, if you're not expecting to get a good deal. (YMMV) Or need some Chyna garbage scopes and tacktikool gear to impress the Wastebook Operators.
    Knocking around with a few like minded guns guys, I guess it beats hanging around the house getting yelled at by the wifey!

MGO Member
    I went to the Grand Rapids gun show this past weekend. In the way of gun shows, it was the same ol' stuff but a lot higher prices on your AR's, FN FAL's, M1A/M14, Mini xx's. Talking 8-900 for S&W MP15's, new.

I didn't even bother to look at ammo prices as I'm sure it was outrageous and I don't buy ammo from those shows anyway. I walked out with the most expensive bore mops and bore brushes I'd ever gotten. ($21 entrance fee + $3 for 3 on the mops).

While it was entertaining to see the variety of stuff for sale, there were nothing in the way of a deal of any sort that I found. I'd go back just to waste time on a weekend if I had nothing better to do.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by doslitros View Post
    $21 entrance fee
    Is that a typo?

MGO Member
    the $21 was for 3 people wasn't it? $7 each and no more senior discount.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john.41 View Post
    the $21 was for 3 people wasn't it? $7 each and no more senior discount.
    I went to the GR show. $5 entrance with senior discount and coupon ($1 each).

Prices I saw were high. 80% anderson lowers were $110. Stripped Anderson lowers were $130. But they were selling. 80% lowers were sold out. Many guys were leaving with rifles they bought. Definitely a pent-up demand.

So, if the Biden gets his way and there will be no more online firearms/ammo sales, will this bring back the old time gun shows? Also, no more private sales so will FFLs set up at gun shows to do transactions? I guess we will wait and see.
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Patron Member
    NRA Handgun Instructor
    USCCA Handgun Instructor

MGO Member
    nevermind
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345