Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Could a hand gun be willed to MGO in care of a member FFL the same as selling on consignment?
    Yes. That twist works. I believe that an executor or a successor trustee could even transfer firearms directly to the MGO designee without being a FFL, but that is where a legal beagle or someone more scholarly than I am could verify.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RPMO6 View Post
    Please don't chime in with I'll take them all/adopt me. I'm looking for serious options on what to do after I'm gone or incapacitated

I have a nice, modest little collection of quality firearms. I have some that I will give to loved ones but I don't want to shower a few people with all of them

My question is:
    Is there a organization that would take firearms/ammunition/accessories and get them into the hands of worthy people? Or sell them to whomever and use the money for a worthy cause?

The loved ones I know and trust are too busy with life and cannot devote the time and effort to sell off my collection. It's a disappointing reality...

I have the same problem with a very nice, modest, quality guitar and amplifier collection. Any ideas on that front?

I hope I don't go anytime soon and I enjoy it all, so I really don't care to sell it off now...but if I'm unfortunate enough to drop dead tomorrow, I'd like to leave specific instructions to my executor on what to do
    The easiest thing to do would be to do it yourself. That way, they would most easily get to the people you wanted. Otherwise, you leave it up to the people that are in charge after you die. I don't know if you have a will or a trust. Ideally, you should talk to people about what you want to have happen AND provide detailed instructions. IME, after someone dies, it isn't unusual to have all sorts of relatives come forward and talk about how uncle so-and-so promised this certain item to them.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

I am a Forum User
    The NRA has a program that does just what you are asking. All my stuff is to go there, be auctioned, and the funds donated to programs I designated.

I am a Forum User
    What about a university? I read recently that Hillsdale college has a very extensive set of shooting/outdoor programs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12