Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sellers remorse

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by coobie View Post
    Stainless colt python new in box for $900 bucks 20 years ago.
    $900 20 years ago was probably like $2500 today. I did buy a new 4" Blue Python back in the mid 70's and...sold it. Actually I hated the trigger compared to a S&W 66.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by kramer View Post
    Hopefully you were able to run a few down the pipe before she was gone

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by kramer View Post
    Hopefully you were able to run a few down the pipe before she was gone

I am a Forum User
    A bunch of handfuls of years ago, I had sellers remorse after selling an old Colt revolver.
    I solved that problem by no longer selling anything.
    EZPZ.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by VIGILANT View Post
    $900 20 years ago was probably like $2500 today. I did buy a new 4" Blue Python back in the mid 70's and...sold it. Actually I hated the trigger compared to a S&W 66.
    My dad purchased a brand new blue Colt Python 357 4" back in the late 1960's. I think he paid around $160 for it back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    My dad purchased a brand new blue Colt Python 357 4" back in the late 1960's. I think he paid around $160 for it back then.
    Ask him if he can remember what he made in a week back then, curious how much this set him back for his relative wages at the time.

I have heard in the 50s and 60s you could get k98 mausers for maybe 15 bucks, just sitting in barrels at the local hardware store, no paper work, belgian, german, etc. 15 bucks! Might have even been cheaper but that number sticks out in my head.

A new mustang then was about 2800 bucks. https://www.cjponyparts.com/resource...the-years#1966

In 1970, my hire in rate at FOMOCO was $4.98. Seems like it was decent money back then. Wish I had bought a bunch of gold back then.

Another regret was an M9 I traded off awhile ago. Just got a great deal on one tonight. Will have it in a few days. Regretfully, my hand surgery is this Thu. Will be awhile before I can shoot it.
    Last edited by DEVIL DOG; 12-03-2019 at 12:25 AM.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    In 1970, my hire in rate at FOMOCO was $4.98. Seems like it was decent money back then. Wish I had bought a bunch of gold back then.

Another regret was an M9 I traded off awhile ago. Just got a great deal on one tonight. Will have it in a few days. Regretfully, my hand surgery is this Thu. Will be awhile before I can shoot it.

Ford must have paid pretty good back then, I hired in Chevy @ $4.10 in 1973. It beat my Teamster jobs Benefits’ and pay by $0.12/hr.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

only sold a few, but it was generally to pay my mortgage when i was in a bad place.
    so i don't really "regret" it, but i sure wish i had some of them guns back.
    I could do without the ruger p89, maybe even the WASR (though they're now double what they were worth then)... but i'd really like to replace that ruger 44 carbine one of these days. but there are too many other guns i'm buying.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    been thru many.... not many I wish I hadn't.. there are three notable exceptions tho...

1. Ruger Security Six - 6" stainless. 357. truley one of my most desired , since it has been gone. exceptional style, excellent trigger and accurate.

2. AMT 30 carbine. Bought it at a pawn-shop ( I think) for like $300. shot the snoot out of it.. then it sat. accurate and fun!
    After a while tho.. decided to sell it.. and someone paid me 3x what I paid! THAT made me happy.. now, I miss the damn thing.

3. SW 585 no damn hyphen.. 6". bought it rough. cleaned, and fixed her up for combat shooting ( little girls shooting 38 specials LOL) Accurate and slick.
    quit shooting combat, and sold it. Then instantly regreted it.

4. Kimber Conversion - 6.5 SWEDE 96- bought this and loved it. shoot like a dream, and accurate too. not sure why I sld it.. but miss the old girl. Still have my dies and misc things for it

Now, like many have opined... I tend NOT to sell. not because they are worth anything to anyone... but ... just because..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast