Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sellers remorse

I am a Forum User
    Satin nickle CZ75B, was my first handgun bought at a gun show for $420 otd, sold the next year to fund a different pistol for the same amount. Heavy heavy regret for selling that one.

MGO Member
    I sold a Browning Hi Power for less than what I paid for it when I was in a financial pinch. Now I can't find one for less than twice the price. So sad.

I am a Forum User
    No selling regrets..
    sold my (early model) Taurus revolvers, only because that had increased in price during the time I owned them,
    & I was able to sell them for a little more than I'd paid for them.. + I replaced those Taurus pieces with S&W + Ruger
    models that I liked better. Mine were Mod.s 66, 85, 441 (all were SS models) a 4" 66 , 2" 85 & 4" 441
    Those were bought new in late 70's & early 80's, & back then, Taurus revolver were actually nice looking & shooting pistols.
    Never had any problems with any of them.. even bought a couple auto loaders I kept.

Last Taurus revolver I bought wasn't as good. Sent it back to factory for overly heavy trigger pull..it returned a little better...
    until firing pin fell out, as they had left a pin out, that holds the firing pin & spring in place.

Took pistol to Doug Jones & he found a spring that'd work, & cut a piece of piano wire to replace the missing pin.
    Works now & firing pin & spring doesn't fall out during use.

I've also sold a few rifles..which I rarely used..again, no selling remorse.
    The firearms I now own.. most will be passed on to sons.. (unless I get an offer I can't refuse).

MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    In 1970, my hire in rate at FOMOCO was $4.98. Seems like it was decent money back then. Wish I had bought a bunch of gold back then.

Another regret was an M9 I traded off awhile ago. Just got a great deal on one tonight. Will have it in a few days. Regretfully, my hand surgery is this Thu. Will be awhile before I can shoot it.
    Yeah.. I can relate...
    I was still in H.School......
    Talked about it in Art Class...
    IIRC gold was about $35 per ounce....... OUTRAGEOUS....
    Didn't have the money anyway

Oh... and on topic.....
    My first handgun was a Kel-Tec P-11.
    Crummy trigger.. but I after I sold it... I really missed it....
    Never sold one since.....

Quote Originally Posted by LivoniaDan View Post
    Yeah.. I can relate...
    I was still in H.School......
    Talked about it in Art Class...
    IIRC gold was about $35 per ounce....... OUTRAGEOUS....
    Didn't have the money anyway

Oh... and on topic.....
    My first handgun was a Kel-Tec P-11.
    Crummy trigger.. but I after I sold it... I really missed it....
    Never sold one since.....
    early mid 2000s gold or silver was the lowest price adjusted ever ... I was just out of college and didnt have the money to buy 5k worth of it.

Sorry to pile on you missed a number of metal buying opportunities.

Only 1 regret, A very nice shooting Model 608 Taurus 357 mag 8 shot that I picked up here on MGO. the price was great,The gun shot very well
    and fit my hand good. Had to sell it and I said this one would be good. Regretted selling it the moment it left my hand. That lasted for about 3 years
    until I picked up a Taurus Model 44s 44 mag, 4" Stainless, ported, only 6 shots though. I'm fine now! no regrets!

I am a Forum User
    I have my Dads Colt Python he bought in the late 70s new and I already feel remorse that I am selling it. He only fired it about 10 times always on New Years eve. But I cant fire it due to arthritis in my hands. No Kids to pass it on to so I cant see keeping it.....I still feel sad about it.

I can be adopted.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    Just wonder if any of you guys have gone through the same ordeal?
    I have a few that subsequently went up in value, but not a huge amount. I have some guns that have sentimental value that I will not sell. Otherwise, they are just like anything else I have. I am not interested in being a hoarder and if it is something I just don't use or foresee using, I sell it and get something I will use.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123