Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    What was your vector, and what year did you buy it ?

I was not sure if you meant you liked this at $2350-2500, or you were suggesting you preferred your vector at a buy in price you didnt mention.
    Im not sure of the model number, but it's the "full size" pistol model. I bought it in 2013. I think it was around $1600 or so and the prices on clones have continued to drop since then. Without handling a "true" MP5 I cannot say with absolute certainty that I would prefer my Vector over the MP5, but I would question added performance for the price of the current MP5 vs my Vector.
    To me, the price tag for the current MP5 is pretty steep considering the other 9mm options on the market and the other firearms that can be had for that price.
    Sorry about the confusion.

I am a Forum User
    Some are starting to list on Gunbroker and quickly getting bid up to $4k.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/847440500

Hard pass. $1000+ more expensive than high quality ones on HK Tooling, which you can get for $1500 standard or $1700 for a super high quality US made PTR with M-Lok rails and other upgrades.

HK refused to release these for years, we buy PTR/Omega/POF, THEN they release their own for a ton of money just because it says HK on it? 0/10
    Canadian Import.
    μολὼν λαβέ, Ελευθερία ή θάνατος
    Reddit: u/MapleSyrupJediV2 moderator of r/GunAccessoriesForSale & r/MiGuns

I am a Forum User
    I must be the only one who isn't interested in S/A subgun clones or pistols.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    Nope, you are not the only one.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

I am a Forum User
    I'd be interested because the roller-locked 9mm's are oft spoken of as the ultimate suppressor hosts in reverent tones.

Im not into it enough that I bought one, this or another yet. But this and the clones are def on my radar. I def want one or something like this, Im not a HK fan boy or brand snob so it could be this, UMP, ruger pc carbine, one of the sigs etc I want one but not really wound up about any one of them in particular.

I do admit I was affected a bit by 1980s action movies, and have looked at vectors before and almost bought.

I have been trying to get my brother to buy the PTR so I can shoot it and like it, then buy my own.

I am a Forum User
    I am buying 2. I am obviously biased. But the HK MP5 is the sexiest gun ever made. Its iconic and the one I want deep down in my soul.

About the price complaints, were there a bunch of smiths, and a number of shops making clones and selling them for as much or more than this HK msrp ?

If that is the market, at least at first it makes business sense that if others can sell tens of thousands of $2800 clones the real thing should cost at least that much.

I personally would wait them out, or scoop up a clone. Like the ptr clones, a bunch of FAL clones, cz 75 clones etc I do not have to be a purist and get the OE to be happy.

I just always wanted a HK, AUG, and a couple other things .. browning hi power, baby browning, a custom high end hunting rifle, or at least from a big maker custom shop, custom ordered to my specs.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast