Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

McDonalds Now A No Carry Zone

Rarely go to Mikie-Ds so this may be old news to some. I went their Great Lakes Crossing store today. There is a large decal (24 X 24?) on the door indicating rules like "no shoes no service, no pets etc".

One of the things that jumped out at my was the picture of a handgun with a line through it... labeled NO FIREARMS. Strangely I checked the other door and the NO FIREARMS decal wasn't there.

So I guess it depends on which door you enter

I'm guessing that this policy will go company wide... since all the stores use the same signage.

Mark

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/...ger/5-2258365/

Looks like this started back in September.

Stupid, but I'll still be getting my chicken nugs from them. What good is living in America if you boycott McDonalds?

I am a Forum User
    I noticed this a couple months ago. I occasionally take my twins to McDonalds to burn off some energy in the play place.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post

Stupid, but I'll still be getting my chicken nugs from them. What good is living in America if you boycott McDonalds?
    You'll probably be a whole lot healthier, not to mention there are better food choices.

Regardless, I'll never understand the people that go around looking for places they can't carry.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

I am a Forum User
    I don't go out looking for places I can't carry, but there are a bunch of places I'd like to go where I can't. Does that sign carry the force of law in MI?

I don't go looking for places I can't legally carry but I sure do my best to not contribute to the profits of anti gun businesses even if I like their products, their store is convenient, or the savings I might get.

Then there is that "can't legally carry" thing I mentioned since trespass is illegal. Being asked to leave means being caught already in the act of trespassing. Legal penalties in Michigan kick in if refuse to leave.

And, if I am not mistaken, in Michigan one only needs to be notified guns are not allowed. That notification doesn't have to be being asked to leave but can be in the form of a no guns allowed sign. So, again unless I am mistaken, the owner or his representative (staff member) could just call the cops and have me arrested for trespass without saying a word to me.

McDonald's chicken nuggets are not that important.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    McDonald's chicken nuggets are not that important.
    Not at all. But a place for my kids to play sometimes is. So we go to the Children's Museum or the McDonald's play place sometimes and I'll hold my nose and leave the gun in the truck because I'm not going to take those things away from them. The same goes for movie theaters, their daycare, and their pediatrician for that matter. The only "kid" places I can think of that I can carry is John Ball Zoo in GR and public parks, but both require the weather to be nice.

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    Their food is more dangerous to the public than my firearm.

For me McDonalds is one of the easiest places to boycott,
    "dying ain't much of a living boy"

I am a Forum User

Burger King has far better nuggets...........cheaper too.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast