Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MC Sniper View Post
    Burger King has far better nuggets...........cheaper too.
    Brother, those are fighting words! BK has decent nuggets but I don't find them 50% as good as McD's. Wendys is even better than BK!

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    I've gotta side with the greek on this one...if I ever do buy any of MickyD's garbage...their nuggets with bbq sauce are my go to. BK's taste like the ones you buy from the grocery store - frozen.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns N Glory View Post
    The sign is big, but the slashed out handgun is quite small. What if a person didn’t see it? I did, but I bet most people especially those busy with kids, or being nice and holding the door open for someone would not.
    If you find yourself charged with trespassing, the common litmus test would be "if you knew, or should have known" that you were prohibited. Basically a judgement would be made on the reasonable person expectation. Can the prosecution convince a judge or jury that a reasonable person would know (or should have known) they were on notice.

This is partially why posting lists of establishments that ban firearms, is frowned upon here at MGO. It potentially adds to the tools a prosecutor can use to prove you had reasonable notice. If people want to put themselves on notice of gun free zones, there's plenty of other places online to search. Knock yourself out!

So IF someone who has read this thread is charged with trespassing at MC'd they would commit perjury if they denied prior knowledge of it in court.
    The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I don't go looking for places I can't legally carry but I sure do my best to not contribute to the profits of anti gun businesses even if I like their products, their store is convenient, or the savings I might get.
    This!

It all depends on notification. Since one of the doors at the store in question was not posted... I think it's a very "fuzzy" area.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns N Glory View Post
    The sign is big, but the slashed out handgun is quite small. What if a person didn’t see it? I did, but I bet most people especially those busy with kids, or being nice and holding the door open for someone would not.
    A person that was charged could argue that they didn't know, therefore the notice was inadequate. It would be up to a jury to decide if they knew or should have known.

ETA, this question was already answered. I should have read further on.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G22 View Post
    This is partially why posting lists of establishments that ban firearms, is frowned upon here at MGO. It potentially adds to the tools a prosecutor can use to prove you had reasonable notice.
    1. These lists don't help.
    2. They are often wrong.
    3. Stop looking for places you can't carry.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    1. These lists don't help.
    2. They are often wrong.
    3. Stop looking for places you can't carry.
    4. Stop eating at McDonalds, eat your vegetables! Oh wait they're contaminated with Escherichia coli!

I am a Forum User
    Why are people concerned about this? McDonalds is on the bottom of the list of places to eat. I always feel sick after going there so I avoid it at all costs. The only time I eat there is if we're traveling and it's the only place to stop for food.

Also, I'm not advocating for breaking any laws, but if one didn't see the no gun sign and walked into a McDonalds CCing, I doubt any workers in there would notice or say anything. McDonalds workers don't care about a thing in my experience. And I doubt any other customers would notice, unless you have a full size on your hip.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by G22 View Post
    If you find yourself charged with trespassing, the common litmus test would be "if you knew, or should have known" that you were prohibited. Basically a judgement would be made on the reasonable person expectation. Can the prosecution convince a judge or jury that a reasonable person would know (or should have known) they were on notice.

This is partially why posting lists of establishments that ban firearms, is frowned upon here at MGO. It potentially adds to the tools a prosecutor can use to prove you had reasonable notice. If people want to put themselves on notice of gun free zones, there's plenty of other places online to search. Knock yourself out!

So IF someone who has read this thread is charged with trespassing at MC'd they would commit perjury if they denied prior knowledge of it in court.

Thanks. Had I not seen the sign but was charged, my argument would be that I had open carried there many times before without issue. This would be the truth.

Thank you Steve as well.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast