Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

HB 5286 of 2019 - Preemption of Knife Ordinances

HB 5286 of 2019
    Weapons; other; local government adopting or enforcing an ordinance more restrictive than state law related to knives; prohibit.
    Last Action: 12/10/2019 bill electronically reproduced 12/10/2019
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Hooray! It's way past time the spaghetti network of local laws was addressed and untangled. Hope it passes.
    Lighten up Francis.

Clap Clap Clap Whistle

I am a Forum User
    Not going anywhere. Governor isn't going to sign something like this

Quote Originally Posted by DP425 View Post
    Not going anywhere. Governor isn't going to sign something like this
    If it had to do with firearms or eliminating gas tax I'd agree with you but I think it might stand a chance, especially since it reinforces the state over local government rule.
    Lighten up Francis.

Never thought I'd see switchblades legal in MI. either.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    This is one I can get behind.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
    If it had to do with firearms or eliminating gas tax I'd agree with you but I think it might stand a chance, especially since it reinforces the state over local government rule.
    Still a weapon, still allows more carrying of weapons over what we have now. Governor and her staff aren't likely to over-look this. But, I guess you never know.

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    We need this...we can open carry, carry concealed with a CPL, but cross over into a city that has restrictive knife laws carrying the "wrong" knife then we become criminals. At the very least, they should change the CPL to a Deadly Weapons License like they have in Kentucky...then we could carry knives, nunchucks, ASPs, tazers,brass knuckles, etc.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by DP425 View Post
    Still a weapon, still allows more carrying of weapons over what we have now. Governor and her staff aren't likely to over-look this. But, I guess you never know.
    Play up the angle that got the ACLU to support kniferights in NYC - knife laws very much disproportionately land black and brown people in prison. Population density in cities (where these laws are used) leans toward minorities, and minorities are far more likely to be doing blue-collar and manual jobs that require the use of knives.
    If the republicans were smart, they'd be screaming about this right now, demonstrating that THEY care more about minorities than the dems do. An intern with a laptop could probably look up and find all the same numbers that made NYC look so bad.

https://www.villagevoice.com/2014/10...sands-in-jail/
    This is a great, and outrage-inducing, article that looks at the situation.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast