Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    We dont need it, though it would be prudent on our part to get it down in writing.....

If a town has an ordinance and does not give you direct notice (billboard or other sign, verbal or written from official representitive public signage, use your imagination and a chance to stow your knife as a transported item, leave or not patronize them, ie; pass through, the state has it anyhow and the state has little restriction and does not consider most any pocket knife or sheath knife a weapon, in fact not a weapon unless 'used as such' and not an illegal weapon unless basically a dagger 'double edged non-folding, stabbing instrument.' Some other types balisong, gravity knife, etc. Not sure on the legis on those anymore.

The catch is you are best to know your residential ordinance where you live.... thats where the pre-emption has the best appeal to me. They couldnt even motion to write it in the odd empty times at council. Otherwise dont patronize and simply dont live and pay taxes to restrictive local government franchises of which you become part while residing there.

People get hung up on 3" or 3-1/2" and it is only a further increment of charged crime if used to unlawfully harm or kill someone or attempt to.

Not an attorney, but absolutely trounced a city attorney in court where the law is concerned with carry of knives. We made him and his second man take three days to lose to the law.

MGO Board of Directors

HB 5286 of 2019
    Weapons; other; local government adopting or enforcing an ordinance more restrictive than state law related to knives; prohibit. Creates new act.
    Last Action: 3/2/2020 Analysis File Added

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...6-E39C1688.pdf
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

HB 5286 of 2019
    Weapons; other; local government adopting or enforcing an ordinance more restrictive than state law related to knives; prohibit. Creates new act.
    Last Action: 3/10/2020 referred to second reading

Moving swiftly through the House, without amendment.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

HB 5286 of 2019
    Last Action: 3/11/2020 Analysis File Added

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/docume...6-EE92AD19.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    It certainly is:

3/11/2020 HJ 27 Pg. 468 read a second time
    3/11/2020 HJ 27 Pg. 468 placed on third reading

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    HB 5286 of 2019
    Last Action: 3/10/2020 referred to second reading

Is that good or bad?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Is that good or bad?
    Good. Stating that local government can't make more restrictive laws for knives than the state has.

Get rid of a lot of confusion
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Is that good or bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Einthewoods View Post
    Good. Stating that local government can't make more restrictive laws for knives than the state has.
    I know that part but is it moving fast good or bad?
    Any chance it will get signed if it makes it to the gov?

MGO Board of Directors

HB 5286 of 2019
    Last Action: 3/12/2020 transmitted

Passed the House, on to the Senate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast