Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

In Memoriam Forum User

Question Trijicon AccuPower Rifle Scopes?

Are Trijicon AccuPower rifle scopes any good? I'm only familiar with the AccuPoint series. I know the difference regarding battery powered vs fiber optics/tritium phosphor lamp. Is the glass the same, durability, repeatability? They seem reasonably priced and readily available. I'm on the fence between the AccuPower vs a Leupold.
    https://www.trijicon.com/products/su...wer-riflescope

I have the 1-8 red mil and it’s built like a tank. It’s heavy like a tank too though. Illumination on this model is daylight visible and it’s true 1x. I have numerous accupoint LPVO’s and they are excellent too. For a 1-4 I will stick to the accupoint vs the 1-4 Accupower. The 1-6 range the accupoint is the only way to go within trijicon’s line up. Higher power then it’s a matter of preference. I have not tested battery life but I know it’s not that great. The dual illumination of the accupoint I really like. The glass on my 1-8 is very very nice on par if not better than my 1-4 and 1-6 accupoints. I have had Leupold VXR series of scopes and those are great too. The motion activated on and auto off are nice and the glass is dry clear. For my purposes I needed a true 1x so the VXR 1.25-4 had to go.

Don’t know which models you were looking at but I hope that helps.

I am a Forum User
    I have a 1-4 and a 1-8 Accupower. I have a loaner 1-6 Accupoint at the moment too. The glass between the 3 seems identical to me.
    I feel like the Accupowers are not really any less rugged than the accupoint. Having said that, I haven't abused any of them.

In Memoriam Forum User
    On a new AccuPoint how long should the tritium last? I heard they dim over time. If that happens does Trijicon replace it?

I haven’t abused my Accupower yet but my TR-24G has been through a lot. One year my AUG fell off my 3 gun cart on the optic in the gravel and mud and never lost zero. It’s been my go to for years and has seen many 3 gun matches in all sorts of weather and even at night. Hoping the Accupower does the same. A few friends who have them really abuse them and have nothing but praise for them.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VIGILANT View Post
    On a new AccuPoint how long should the tritium last? I heard they dim over time. If that happens does Trijicon replace it?
    Not sure about Accupoint tritium warranty, but Acog is quoted as 10 years. Called to get it replaced as it was really dim after 14 years. Sent it in and they replaced the tritium with "no charges".
    Great MI company!
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.