Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Member

CZ Scorpion EVO carbine

Been on the look out for a CZ Scorpion carbine for some time with out luck so while I'm looking I have a question? For those that do have them what brand of magazine do you like?

Quote Originally Posted by buckey View Post
    Been on the look out for a CZ Scorpion carbine for some time with out luck so while I'm looking I have a question? For those that do have them what brand of magazine do you like?
    Magpul or OEM are the only ones I've ever had experience with. Never had a problem with either.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

I don't have one but its on my radar. The oem mags have a good reputation.

MGO Member
    oem mags at one time would crack at the feed lips according to my research and CZ would replace them. Have heard good things about the ones Preppers Gun shop sells with metal feed lips but since I can't lay my hands on a Scorpion carbine I really don't know?

Quote Originally Posted by buckey View Post
    oem mags at one time would crack at the feed lips according to my research and CZ would replace them. Have heard good things about the ones Preppers Gun shop sells with metal feed lips but since I can't lay my hands on a Scorpion carbine I really don't know?
    FWIW, I've never had the feed lips on any of mine crack but I know this was an issue with the early OEM mags. I believe they corrected it with later/current variations.
    MGO Member
    Ragnarok Arms, LLC in Saline, MI- Type 1 FFL
    www.ragnarokarms.com

MGO Member
    Castrotikon thank you! It really helps when a guy can find out as much info as possible before buying.

I am a Forum User
    I use just OEM mags in my Scorp without issue. There were some issues very early on with cracking feed lips but that was multiple (magazine) generations ago. Buy with confidence. While I certainly wouldn’t bash aftermarket mags for any reason, it always seemed to me like a solution seeking a problem (outside of higher than OEM capacity mags, if course).

I’ve always used the mags designed by CZ to use in the weapon also made by CZ and have had good luck thus far.

-Aveguy

I like the Magpul 35 rounders, never had a problem with any Magpul mag. $20 each shipped when buying three from Brownells.
    MGO Life Member, NRA Life Patron Member, CCRC Life Member, GOA Life Member