Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Dealers Accepting CPL

Is there a thread or website with a list of Michigan FFL’s that accept CPLs in lieu of running a NICS?

For example Dearborn Outdoors will accept a CPL if they’ve dealt with you in the past.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by h4ck.b0x7 View Post
    Is there a thread or website with a list of Michigan FFL’s that accept CPLs in lieu of running a NICS?

For example Dearborn Outdoors will accept a CPL if they’ve dealt with you in the past.
    Not sure about a list, but if an FFL in Michigan refuses to accept your valid MI CPL in lieu of running a NICS check, then I'd tell them to pound sand.

I never run NICS checks if the transferee/buyer has a valid MI CPL.

I think the only places you'll find that won't accept it are your big box/chain type stores. I don't know of any local dealers that won't take it, including me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Not sure about a list, but if an FFL in Michigan refuses to accept your valid MI CPL in lieu of running a NICS check, then I'd tell them to pound sand.

I never run NICS checks if the transferee/buyer has a valid MI CPL.
    That’s exactly what I do. One place I purchased 10 guns in roughly a years time. I got delayed 6 times. Once I got my CPL they refused to accept it even though it was 2 days old and I had been approved on a NICS the week before after a delay. Everybody there knew me by name too. I no longer purchase from them. I’ll order from another place rather than buy an in-stock item from them.

I know I can get a UPIN but I also want to know who not to support.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by bae125 View Post
    I think the only places you'll find that won't accept it are your big box/chain type stores. I don't know of any local dealers that won't take it, including me.
    There have been a couple on here....I don’t want to put a name out until I’m positive but I remember one or two

I am a Forum User
    Duncans in Bay City last time i was there to purchase a revolver did a nics check, even after providing my cpl, after they said they dont if you have a cpl when i clearly asked before purchase. Of course a delay led to a week of waiting. Never again will i purchase from there.

Top Gun was the place I purchased almost a dozen from and they refuse to accept a CPL.

Recoil Firearms is another place that won’t accept a CPL. The messed up thing about that was I was looking to trade a Glock 23 in as well. Just stupidity all around on that one.

I am a Forum User
    Top Gun was the place I purchased almost a dozen from and they refuse to accept a CPL.

Recoil Firearms is another place that won’t accept a CPL. The messed up thing about that was I was looking to trade a Glock 23 in as well. Just stupidity all around on that one.
    Some stores won't even take 40's in trade anymore unless they can really lowball you. They just sit on the shelves anymore. It's amazing how much that has changed in the last 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    Some stores won't even take 40's in trade anymore unless they can really lowball you. They just sit on the shelves anymore. It's amazing how much that has changed in the last 5 years.
    This was a while ago. They were going to accept it for a good value but wanted to run a NICS on the new gun. What purpose would that serve...

MGO Member
    In the case of a dealer that will take your CPL and not run a NICS, do they still require a 4473 to be filled out?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast