Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting FFL/SOT

Quote Originally Posted by Boondockdad View Post
    I'd like to petition the crown for permission to build a full auto AR.

Is this the best way? I mean, AOT taking out an equity loan and buying something transferable.

I've seen some "package deals" that supposedly walk you thru the FFL/SOT process. Do you recommend something like "RocketFFL"?

What sort of time frame, vetting, fees should I expect?

I'm not interested in starting a business or high volume, just a non-prohibited subject looking to expand my hobby.
    If you want a full auto AR, you will spend about $20,000
    There is no other way to "petition the crown to build a full auto AR". The ATF NEVER gives permission to ANYONE to build a machine gun.

If you are not interested in running a firearms business, you cannot get an FFL.

MGO Member
    You can absolutely obtain an FFL (manufacturer or dealer) and acquire post sample machine guns. This is totally acceptable and these machine guns are much cheaper than fully transferable guns. HOWEVER, you must use the purchase of such post sample guns to further your business interests. If you are purchasing or manufacturing machine guns to enhance a personal collection, you run the risk of some serious federal scrutiny.

Regarding companies that help you obtain an FFL, they are totally unnecessary. Just go to the ATF website and read the instructions for the FFL applications. Pretty straight forward. Don't mention obtaining an SOT during your interview. That SOT is just an annual tax that is paid after getting an FFL. There is no additional approval needed and talking about NFA stuff might cause more questions.

You are getting an FFL to MAKE MONEY. If getting an FFL for any other reason, you will be denied.

For most folks, zoning is the biggest hurdle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12