Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

View Poll Results: Would you agree to pay another $25 to hunt pheasants?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I hunt pheasants on state land but would stop if it cost another $25

11 29.73%
  • I hunt pheasants on state land and would pay another $25

9 24.32%
  • I only hunt pheasants on private land and would support the $25 increase

4 10.81%
  • I only hunt pheasants on private land and would not support the $25 increase

13 35.14%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

Would you agree to pay another $25 to hunt pheasants?

House Bill 4313 would create a Michigan pheasant stamp that would fund a pheasant release program as well as pheasant habitat initiatives. The cost of the stamp would be $25.

This would be a mandatory fee, even if you were hunting pheasants on your own property, sort of like a duck stamp.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    3rd holler on the right then up the road a piece.
    Nope. The last native rooster hunt I went on was 1972 we filled our limit from Private land.

In 1974 the DNR started a "put and take" hunt that was a stupid flop. Released penned birds wouldn't fly. Guys were throwing rocks at them trying to get them to fly..... no thanks haven't pheasant hunted since and I certainly wouldn't pay another 25 bucks to do it.

MGO Board of Directors

I voted that I would pay the $25. I wish it were more like $10 (seems to hurt a little less.) but it's not.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    The pheasant population in MI is in bad shape- it's gotten better due to habitat initiatives and breeding programs, but there's a long way to go for it to come back to the days my father would hunt them with his father.

I pheasant hunt on a game ranch now, as there is so little available in the wild. I would happily buy a license and pay an extra $25 if it will help support growing the wild population. Investment in conservation is a key aspect to being able to continue our hunting traditions, especially with game such as pheasant that's lost so much of it's natural habitat in the last 30 years.

I am a Forum User
    Keep in mind this is not going to magically happen the first year the stamp program starts.

It will take YEARS to establish habitat and a sustainable population for hunting.

I am a Forum User
    I can't vote as I don't hunt pheasants. The number of birds I have seen in my area has moved to zero over the past 10 years. I don't think I have seen one in the past 5 years in south west Michigan, and don' think I have ate one in over 20 years.

If I were trying to hunt pheasants, I wouldn't have a major issue with the fee, as it is the sportspeople that drive conservation.

MGO Board of Directors

Would that be a Chinese tariff?

I haven't hunted Pheasant is many years, most of the places I hunted have subdivisions there now. All of my hunting now is north of Mount Pleasant, there were never a lot of birds in the area, although recently I have been seeing some, probably because a private hunting ranches are now in my area.

I have to honestly say I would not pay the $25 until I decided to go Pheasant hunting and I knew there would be birds where I was going to hunt.
    Like and follow MGO on FaceBook
    https://www.facebook.com/migunowners.org

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

Save your money.
    The MDNR has no idea how to restore pheasant hunting in this state.
    That doesn't mean that they wouldn't be happy to blow our money on their inept attempts though.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Not a chance.

I would not pay anything extra to hunt an artificiality planted game species.

The ring-neck pheasant was imported (from China) and planted here in 1895, solely for the purpose of sport hunting.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast