Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Question Glock Mag Prices

Why are newer Gen 5 mags cheaper that previous versions?

I was in Cabelas a few weeks back and thought it was a pricing error, that happens pretty regular there.

I found the same thing while shopping online at other sites besides Cabelas.

Any theories?

Sorry about the thread drift.

Do all old mags interchange with the new generations?

MGO Member
    Yes so long as the mag release remains on the left.

I am a Forum User
    So no theories as to why the Gen 5 mags are $10 bucks less?

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    My theory is that Glock has stepped up production, made decent profits in the past years and is passing on the savings. Also, since there are many competitors selling Glock mags (Korea, MagPul), Glock wants to stay relevant. My Gen5 G17 came with 3 mags, while my Gen2 G17 only came with 2.

I am a Forum User
    My Gen 5 19 came with 3 too.

Gen 3 Blue Labels came with 3 mags, and regular Gen 4's have always had 3 mags.

arent they already pretty cheap? Its gotta be that they cost maybe 1 buck to make, and they already marked the $70 gun up to $500. Mr Glock is a billionaire and it will get them some good will and love from the mag hoarders.

I am a Forum User
    Glock mag prices,for those unaware..CDNN Sports runs ads frequently with most Glock mags on sale for $19.99 , usually.

Another reason Glock mags may have dropped in price is competition.. with Magpul & other accessory mfrgs. making their
    version of Glock mags, & the foreign copies , like the KCI (Korean ?) also making cjheaper copies, Glock may have decided
    that by dropping their mag prices, it force others companies to stop making copies of their mags.
    If Glock sells their oem mags for the same price, ( or just a few $ more ), demand for aftermarket mags would drop.

Years ago,,I bought a few KCI mags for my Glock, to give them a try ,& they worked as well as them oem mags @ less than 1/2 the price,( at that time)