Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokepole View Post
    Funny,somewhat that an FFL by definition is a FEDERAL license,yet can be further restricted by state laws,which I believe is the controlling issue with me.
    No different than FFLs having to complete RI-060's in Michigan or checking for FOID's in Illinois or waiting periods in other states.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    All of this is dependent on what FLAs laws say. We (Michiganders) can legally purchase a long arm in any State in the Union, by Michigan AND Federal law, provided that the other State doesn't prohibit it. Long arms are called out in the Federal law separately and residency is not required. A Pistol, or anything else, does require residency.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    Incorrect. He's talking about a long gun. Only handguns and others require you to be a state resident. FL laws may differ.
    Thanks! The more you know! I've never had an out of state resident attempt to purchase a long gun from me.

I am a Forum User
    Shipped the Benelli back to the manufacturer yesterday, in Pocomoke MD.

Went into USPS nearby,and packed it into a U-Haul "Lamp box",which was much larger than needed,but all that I could find around here.

Wasn't cheap!

Ran $83.00 with insurance,and they REQUIRE you to take their insurance,even though I have it insured privately.

So,in effect, I'm insuring them, in case one of their thieves steal it.
    ...Which might not be too bad,considering it's about 25 years old now.

"Joe" at Benelli, was great to work with on arranging the repair,and getting an "RA" number.
    According to what he said,it could be up to four weeks to turn it around,and then it comes right back to my door via USPS.

Just hope that's the end of the issue,because it's my favorite gun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123