Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Virginia's Second Amendment Attack

Virginia's Second Amendment Attack

By Walter Williams
    December 25th. 2019
    TownHall.com

Source: (AP Photo/Steve Helber)

Too many Americans view the Second Amendment as granting Americans the right to own firearms to go hunting and for self-protection. But the framers of our Constitution had no such intent in mind. James Madison, in Federalist Paper No. 46 wrote that the Constitution preserves "the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... (where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." Thomas Jefferson wrote: "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."

What the Framers said about our Second Amendment Rights to Keep and Bear Arms

I am a Forum User
    The quotes Mr. Williams referenced is beyond the processing capability of the average American. If they really had to contemplate it their heads would explode, that may not be all that bad of a thing to happen.

I am a Forum User
    “The people are not to be disarmed of their weapons. They are left in full possession of them.”
    – Zachariah Johnson, delegate to Virginia Ratifying Convention

Joe