Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

21 State AG's Ask SCOTUS to Void Maryland Gun Law

I don't seem to see Michigan listed here.

21 State Attorneys General Ask Supreme Court to Void Maryland Gun Law

By Matthew Vadum
    Epoch Times
    December 25th. 2019

A coalition of 21 state attorneys general is asking the Supreme Court to strike down a Maryland law that denies concealed carry permits unless applicants can convince local officials they have a “good and substantial reason” to be granted one by local authorities.

West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey, a Republican, and the other state officials filed a friend-of-the-court brief with the Supreme Court Dec. 18 in a case cited as Malpasso v. Pallozzi. Morrisey and the others want to expand the scope of protection afforded to gun-ownership rights after the high court ruled in District of Columbia v. Heller (2010), that the right to possess a firearm is an individual right, and in McDonald v. Chicago (2012), that the right of an individual to “keep and bear arms” applies to the states.

Apart from West Virginia, the other states that participated in the brief are Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, and Utah

MGO Member
    Dont see MIchigan represented here either.

Where's Appliance Brad?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
    Where's Appliance Brad?
    Good question!

Haven't heard from him in a long time.
    I sent him a check for his campaign,and I don't even know if he was successful,or not.

Fill me in,if you can.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokepole View Post
    Good question!

Haven't heard from him in a long time.
    I sent him a check for his campaign,and I don't even know if he was successful,or not.

Fill me in,if you can.
    Unfortunately he wasn't. Interesting, I was thinking of him the other day. too. His last post was July of 2018.