Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree rat View Post
    Sort of

I got the Shield and Kimber Micro 9. They threw a lowball price on the Micro and I took both. I had been eyeballing the Micro while shopping for the Shield. I mentioned that as we were doing the paperwork and they pulled one out and threw a VERY good price on it. Equal to the best "completed auction" prices on GB, and no shipping or ffl fee, so I jumped. Santa was good to me so it worked out well.
    Sounds like a successful trip to the gun store! I’ve always wanted a Kimber, how do you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by nmuskier View Post
    It's amazing how only the 9mm took advantage of bullet design improvements. One would think ammunition manufacturers would apply that technology to all of their defensive lines?

In a pistol like the Shield, where there is a 1 round difference, the .40 seems like a sound performance advantage. "More rounds" on target really doesn't apply. Maybe in a service pistol where the capacity difference is more significant? Then, I wonder why the capacity argument rarely comes up when debating 9mm vs. .357 SIG?
    Ammo improved, but what proves fatal remained the same.

I'm not selling my 45, but on the other side, Im on board with 9mm . 38 special. Make concession for 380 for the right situations.

The bullets expand better, go deeper, more cavitation etc than ever before.

A 6ft 195 lb dude wearing a t shirt is the same as it was in 1980.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dave7120 View Post
    Sounds like a successful trip to the gun store! I’ve always wanted a Kimber, how do you like it?
    I haven't made it to the range yet, but I sure am in lust.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123