Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    That first revolver on the page looks REALLY bad. It would have been a better candidate for ceracote then trying to reblue that pitting.

This is going to be part of the issue on an old parked revolver. Everything has to be stripped, then properly polished, then a good hot blue to get the depth of color you're looking for. Honestly it's going to cost more to do it right then the gun is worth, so you should understand that going into it. But at the end of the day, it's your gun, your money, spend it how ya want .

I am a Forum User
    ,,,"it's going to cost more to do it right then the gun is worth, so you should understand that going into it. But at the end of the day, it's your gun, your money, spend it how ya want ..."

this was my thought as well. Getting a good finish is going to be expensive..probably cost more than a new pistol.
    Hard to find places that can/will do really nice bluing.. it's time & labor intensive ..just to get the metal prepped, for a nice smooth finish.

Good comparison is comparing earlier (before mid-80-s) S&W blued revolvers, to S&W's current production. Same is true for most manufacturers..
    they've found easier / faster/ less expensive, finishes for their firearms...though they lack the beauty of their older firearms. , IMO.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    ,,,"it's going to cost more to do it right then the gun is worth, so you should understand that going into it. But at the end of the day, it's your gun, your money, spend it how ya want ..."

this was my thought as well. Getting a good finish is going to be expensive..probably cost more than a new pistol.
    Hard to find places that can/will do really nice bluing.. it's time & labor intensive ..just to get the metal prepped, for a nice smooth finish.

Good comparison is comparing earlier (before mid-80-s) S&W blued revolvers, to S&W's current production. Same is true for most manufacturers..
    they've found easier / faster/ less expensive, finishes for their firearms...though they lack the beauty of their older firearms. , IMO.
    I would put my money into a very nice pre M18 to a M18-4 for BBQ, and keep the beater for shooting.
    That's just me though. I'd hate to sink a bunch of money into a re-blue....and not be happy with it.
    Early pinned and recessed K.22's rock! I will never get rid of my 18-2.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12