Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Understood.

The PSA equivalent of assembling a "Ruger MPR" (18" barrel, free float M-LOK handguard, Magpul stock & grips, low profile gas block, etc.) would have run you right about the same amount ($560 OTD including transfer) , but would have included a SS barrel, the EPS trigger and the front and rear MBUS.

As long as you're happy, that's all that matters.
    Actually, the stainless barrel was one of the reasons I didn't want to go the PSA route. Too much "bling". I don't know what an EPS trigger is, but the MPR has Ruger's "Elite 452" trigger, for whatever that's worth. I also was set on a Ruger lower receiver, so it all worked out in the end.

I may, later on, do a full PSA build, as I'd like to have the experience of putting one of these guns together from scratch. If I decide to do so, I'll let you know. Howell's not all that far from Warren. Thanks for your interest in my "build" (which turned out to be a purchase).
    "I'm good to go, even if I'm not going anywhere."

Tom what's the special attraction to the ruger lower you mentioned? Guess I have not been keeping up on Ruger ar15 the last year. Their 556 is a great deal, or was last year.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Tom what's the special attraction to the ruger lower you mentioned? Guess I have not been keeping up on Ruger ar15 the last year. Their 556 is a great deal, or was last year.
    It's probably that I'm not really familiar with the quality of all the available AR parts, and I know Ruger will stand behind anything they build. I also know they do their own forging, so they're familiar with any processes that might have a bearing on any failures. Guess I'm just looking for a known entity, since I'm not into ARs to the extent of some of the real aficionados.

Ok I can get on board with that. Thought you were needing something special.

Rugers good n trust worthy.

Look at aero precision for in house made good stuff high value not paying for merely brand bragging rights in the future.

My brother and cousin both have Ruger ar15. They run as well as their other stuff at a very fair price.

I have been tempted to buy the 556 on someonline deal days

I am a Forum User
    Just a FYI..
    I've assembled a couple of AR kits ( both PSA) using PSA, & Anderson lower receivers..
    it's my belief that any recognizable name brand lower will work well..though some seem to prefer
    a particular name, or trademark, on their receiver, & are willing to pay more for it.

if you're want to be serious about accuracy, a higher quality barrel may be worth the extra cost, though
    most shooters will get the accuracy equivalent to their shooting ability in a factory barrel.

an upgraded trigger is the 1st / "best" improvment that can be made to most stock /oem AR

I've tried a number of name brand ,drop in triggers in my AR's, & my favorite is a mil-spec, stock oem trigger
    that I let Doug Jones modify..
    I like it better than several I paid 2 X as much for, my buying them when they were on sale.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    Just a FYI..
    I've assembled a couple of AR kits ( both PSA) using PSA, & Anderson lower receivers..
    it's my belief that any recognizable name brand lower will work well..though some seem to prefer
    a particular name, or trademark, on their receiver, & are willing to pay more for it.

if you're want to be serious about accuracy, a higher quality barrel may be worth the extra cost, though
    most shooters will get the accuracy equivalent to their shooting ability in a factory barrel.

an upgraded trigger is the 1st / "best" improvment that can be made to most stock /oem AR

I've tried a number of name brand ,drop in triggers in my AR's, & my favorite is a mil-spec, stock oem trigger
    that I let Doug Jones modify..
    I like it better than several I paid 2 X as much for, my buying them when they were on sale.
    I know what you mean about the trigger. As I noted before, my first AR was an A2 configuration DPMS. It was a pretty good gun, but the trigger was not what I wanted for target shooting. I put a Chip McCormack drop in trigger in the thing, and was astounded at the difference it made.

The MPR has the Ruger "Elite 452" trigger, so we'll see how that works out. Hopefully, I won't have to spend any more $$ on trigger upgrades.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    I don't know what an EPS trigger is
    Sorry, EPT not EPS. Enhanced Polished Trigger. It's a MIL-spec trigger that's been polished to remove the grittiness of the standard trigger.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Sorry, EPT not EPS. Enhanced Polished Trigger. It's a MIL-spec trigger that's been polished to remove the grittiness of the standard trigger.
    Thanks. I wouldn't have known what an EPT trigger was, either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12