Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Board of Directors

Iver Johnson .32 Hammerless Question

Any Iver Johnson Break-Top Revolver aficionados out there?
    I got an IJ .32 S&W Short Hammerless (circa 1904) for Christmas, but I need to replace some parts on it.

I can find what I need at Numrich, but they are out of one of the parts.

Anyone know where I can get one of these (link above, under the word, "parts")?

Nice disassembly/assembly video on it here.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

It will take some searching, but eBay is a great source for cheap parts.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...hnson+revolver

Marketplace Moderator
    Gunsmith Doug Jones will make the part that you need. He has brought back to life many firearms that way. Reasonably priced and very good at his trade. He is located in Rochester Hills! +15862622760
    Good Safe Shooting, MOOSE

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by oldmann1967 View Post
    It will take some searching, but eBay is a great source for cheap parts.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...hnson+revolver
    Thanks, but I did search eBay before posting here.
    The part linked in my OP is only listed once--bundled with every other part, but the frame, for $140.
    The gun I have came from a pawn shop for less than $10.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by moosefisher View Post
    Gunsmith Doug Jones will make the part that you need. He has brought back to life many firearms that way. Reasonably priced and very good at his trade. He is located in Rochester Hills! +15862622760
    Good Safe Shooting, MOOSE
    Thanks for the referral Moose.
    If I cannot find this part elsewhere I will call Doug.
    However, if I were him, I would want more the the gun is worth to fab the part.

As an aside, I once took an Erma "Baby Browning" that would constantly jam, to a gunsmith in Fenton for diagnosis and repair.
    He had come highly recommended.
    He charged me $30 just to tell me that the gun was just worn out and that it would cost more than the gun was worth to fab a new part for it.
    Since I had nothing to loose, I decided to "smith" it myself.
    Turns out that a spring and plunger were installed backwards by the previous owner.
    When i repaired the kinked spring, and polished the plunger, the handgun ran flawlessly.

The italicised sentence in the paragraph above is the only part relevant to the discussion.
    The rest is just an interesting (in my opinion) story.

Marketplace Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CyborgHunter View Post
    Thanks for the referral Moose.
    If I cannot find this part elsewhere I will call Doug.
    However, if I were him, I would want more the the gun is worth to fab the part.

As an aside, I once took an Erma "Baby Browning" that would constantly jam, tell me that the gun was just worn out and that it would cost more than the gun was worth to fab a new part for it.[/I]
    Doug charges too little in my opinion to make a part. It has a lot to do with his Love for gunsmithing. He is unbelievably reasonably priced. Good Shooting, MOOSE

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion, but they do not list the part I need either.