Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MGO Member

What would you have done differently?

I’ve watched the video of the incident at the church in Texas, and read some critiques. One criticism is the muzzles of the church members, as they advance to the downed shooter. The room is full of people mostly down on the ground, but a few begin standing up. The members with guns appear to have their muzzles pointed in the direction where the gunman was when he went down. The only safe options seem to be pointed at the ceiling or at the ground directly in front of their toes. My question is what would you have done differently?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by mitommy View Post
    I’ve watched the video of the incident at the church in Texas, and read some critiques. One criticism is the muzzles of the church members, as they advance to the downed shooter. The room is full of people mostly down on the ground, but a few begin standing up. The members with guns appear to have their muzzles pointed in the direction where the gunman was when he went down. The only safe options seem to be pointed at the ceiling or at the ground directly in front of their toes. My question is what would you have done differently?
    Nothing. It ended as well as it likely could have. Six seconds from the shooter's first shot to shooter down. Nothing you could have done to save the shooter's two victims.

One criticism is the muzzles of the church members, as they advance to the downed shooter.
    With all due respect, there will always be some of "those people" who feel the need to pass judgement in every situation. Monday morning quarterbacking at it's finest. Bottom line, when you're dealing with an actual life & death, fight or flight scenario, finite motor skills and detailed thinking are diminished.

Nothing. Bravo good guy.

MGO Member
    What they did was as perfect as possible in the situation, sounds like the same thing as the police would do.

I am a Forum User
    just what Scoop said..
    including .." Monday morning quarterbacking"

those criticising would probably have froze.. & did nothing.

MGO Member
    Just because the shooter went down doesn't mean he is done fighting. Never let your guard down UNTIL you are SURE he is out of the fight and that there are not other threats.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

71 yr. old firearms instructor and Reserve Deputy...took him out with one shot. Couldn't ask for anything better.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...UBIU0w8FM0wTLc

I am a Forum User
    Not sure if people didn't actually watch the video or what. The victim #1 had a horribly slow draw which ultimately led to his death. He was carrying SOB with a jacket and an untucked shirt covering the gun. He never even got the gun up in time and he didn't attempt to move at all towards cover even though he had spotted the shotgun for a few seconds already. I watched the vid at least 100x pausing and unpausing and looking at everything as closely as humanly possible. The whole thing sucked but vic#1 was clearly not prepared to be engaged in a firefight. Glad the perp got dropped like a bad habit though. Carry and protect fellas.

here's the whole video
    https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=a7Egb_1577654583

6 seconds must have felt like 0 to the victims! They did the best they could and by laying their lives down and giving Wilson the time necessary to terminate the threat to anyone else.

Pray that if we're ever put in that situation that there will be brave souls willing to lay it on the line.

I am a Forum User
    Pray that if we're ever put in that situation that there will be brave souls willing to lay it on the line.
    Or pray that YOU yourself are armed and handle it yourself

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast