Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: *NEW* Ruger 57

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by wsr View Post
    He’s “frugal” to put it nicely
    He could build one for half the price out of scrap metal from the beach and parts off eBay!
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Ammo is grossly overpriced. $600 for a Ruger. Nah, CDNN will have em for $299 within 1 year. No plate for a dot yet still $600+. Should I keep going?

MGO Member
    2 listed on gunbroker $605 and $515 at this tme

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    Ammo is grossly overpriced. $600 for a Ruger. Nah, CDNN will have em for $299 within 1 year. No plate for a dot yet still $600+. Should I keep going?
    Lol what margins do you think there are in the retail firearm business?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Lol what margins do you think there are in the retail firearm business?
    I think you are confused. I'm not dogging YOUR price. I'm dogging Ruger for pricing this gun so GD high. I mean seriously. The American pistol (largely a failure) has to have just as much or more (MHS trials gun) engineering and they are selling for $299 shipped NEW. Name another Ruger semi-auto that has EVER retailed at $500+(retailed, not MSRP'd). This is absurd. Just because the ammo costs a small fortune, doesn't mean the gun needs to as well...

"In the mid-2010s the U.S. Army’s Modular Handgun System (MHS) contract promised sales of one hundred thousand handguns to the Army alone, and the rest of the services would likely fall into line behind the Army. Ruger designed the Ruger American Pistol for the MHS contract but ultimately declined to actually enroll in the competition. The pistol was released to the civilian market in 2015."
    Last edited by dwcopple; 12-31-2019 at 03:05 PM.

I am a Forum User
    I think you are confused. I'm not dogging YOUR price. I'm dogging Ruger for pricing this gun so GD high. I mean seriously. The American pistol (largely a failure) has to have just as much or more (MHS trials gun) engineering and they are selling for $299 shipped NEW. Name another Ruger semi-auto that has EVER retailed at $500+(retailed, not MSRP'd). This is absurd. Just because the ammo costs a small fortune, doesn't mean the gun needs to as well...
    You know what helps confusion? Simply explaining your point properly in the first place.

What's the cheaper alternative?

What's the cheaper and better alternative. It's not as if Sig, SA, Glock, SW, Walther all have the same thing for $450.

I am a Forum User
    I like where this thread is going.

I am a Forum User
    again, you jumped to conclusions. I explained that I feel Ruger is INSANE charging this much for their gun, not what whatever FFL's are selling them for.

I am a Forum User
    again, you jumped to conclusions. I explained that I feel Ruger is INSANE charging this much for their gun, not what whatever FFL's are selling them for.
    That’s why I said seemed...and given your attitude towards dealers can you blame me or others ???

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast