Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

8-year-old becomes youngest hunter to kill a 400-pound elk in Michigan: 'My dad hasn't set a record before'

This 8-year-old girl is a better hunter than both her father and grandfather.

The youngster was able to hunt down and successfully shoot a 400-pound elk. Not only does this give her bragging rights in her family, but it also makes her the youngest person on record to hunt an elk in the state of Michigan.

Name:  Miller-4.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  100.8 KB

Braeleigh Miller was on the hunting trip with her dad when she made the shot, WNEM reports. Using the help of a guide, they were able to track a gang of elk they had located the night before.

MICHIGAN HUNTER SPRAYED BROTHER'S STANDS WITH DEER REPELLENT, OFFICIALS SAY

"They were all still in the field when it got daylight,” Braleigh’s father, Gunnar, told the news outlet, “and we waited for legal shooting hours, and we snuck across the field and they were in a perfect position in the field, I mean it couldn't have unfolded any better.

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoo...ter-elk-record

MGO Member
    How was she eligible for a tag?

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Sledhead View Post
    How was she eligible for a tag?
    All these youth hunts and seasons confuse me. Seems you can hunt at any age now, like the 70 pound 10 year olds with a 300 Mag. And still loosing hunters every year. I remember 12 for bow and small game and 14 for deer rifle season.
    Like and follow MGO on FaceBook
    https://www.facebook.com/migunowners.org

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

That Moose seems to have gender identity issues.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by matt11 View Post
    All these youth hunts and seasons confuse me. Seems you can hunt at any age now, like the 70 pound 10 year olds with a 300 Mag. And still loosing hunters every year. I remember 12 for bow and small game and 14 for deer rifle season.
    I’m all for getting kids in the woods and never agreed with the 12 and 14 year old state age laws but I’m not convinced that having so many separate hunts, youth, anterless, disabled ect; is a good thing. When I was kid I dreamed about October 1st and especially November 15th. Having so many separate seasons I think takes away from the excitement and makes it feel less special.

MGO Member
    Now it's just like when I was a kids.

When the strawberries are ripe, it's game on.

MGO Board of Directors

Now it's just like when I was a kids.

When the strawberries are ripe, it's game on.
    veil

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member
    Does aren't pregnant and the little ones are big enough to fend for themselves.
    I guess you could shoot the spots off one.

MGO Board of Directors

Does aren't pregnant and the little ones are big enough to fend for themselves.
    I guess you could shoot the spots off one.
    Strawberries? they are ripe in may, that is about when does are dropping fawns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast