Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Attacks Move the Gun Control Debate in the Direction the Founders Wanted

The Attacks in New York and Texas Move the Gun Control Debate in the Direction the Founders Wanted

Erich Schlegel/Getty Images

By James Pinkerton
    Breitbart
    January 1st. 2020

Two bloody tragedies, just a few hours apart on December 28-29—the mass stabbings at a synagogue in Monsey, New York, and the thwarted mass shooting at a church in Forth Worth, Texas—have put questions about guns and public safety in a valuable new light. How do we stay safe? Especially in our houses of worship? And what should we do about the menace of marauders in our midst?

Yet at the same time, we could also say that the New York and Texas attacks put the public safety issue in a valuable old light. How so? Because we are seeing the right of each state to make its own decisions—for better or for worse, as the case might be—as enshrined in our founding document, the U.S. Constitution.
    Name:  Gadsden_flag.svg.png
Views: 294
Size:  15.4 KB

I am a Forum User
    The states cannot make "its own decisions " contrary
    to the Constitution.

Joe

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by red442joe View Post
    to the Constitution.

Joe
    NY & CA already have.

along with others

Quote Originally Posted by red442joe View Post
    to the Constitution.

Joe
    They can as long as the public lets them. It doesn't matter how many stipulations and prohibitions are put on the government so long as no one stops them from ignoring them they will.

I'm all for taking away the guns from the bad guys.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJak View Post
    I totally agree. Anyone who is currently incarcerated should not be able to be in possession of a gun.

I am a Forum User
    Libs define "bad guy" as anyone with a gun.

MGO Member
    How about we take them away from all politicians and their body guards.
    No clause in the constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretence by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.
    William Rawle - offered the position of the first Attorney General of the United States, by President Washington

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDeko View Post
    They can as long as the public lets them. It doesn't matter how many stipulations and prohibitions are put on the government so long as no one stops them from ignoring them they will.

We far too often let those things slide. Look at Karl Levin-elected 6x by unions, mostly.
    Stabenow now 3x, I believe. It is a good thing she has a govt job cause shed starve otherwise. Ever note her around some bill signing news item-standing right next to Chuckie...

Quote Originally Posted by langenc View Post
    We far too often let those things slide. Look at Karl Levin-elected 6x by unions, mostly.
    Stabenow now 3x, I believe. It is a good thing she has a govt job cause shed starve otherwise. Ever note her around some bill signing news item-standing right next to Chuckie...
    Elected by unions but all for open borders and unlimited H-1B Visas that cause the price of labor to plummet and destroy unions.