Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    so, how much of my tax dollars are paying for this update ?
    From their website:
    The agency’s 2018 enacted budget was $1.274 billion.

That's about $1.274 billion more then they should be getting if you ask me.

I am a Forum User
    Since the ATF is now making changes to cater to individuals who feel a certain way, I think they need to take my feelings into consideration as well. I feel that all the firearm related regulations are illegal, therefore I should be exempt.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    If they are doing this to fall inline with some States that have the choice of "non-binary" on their drivers license, then even asking the question is pointless.
    This has weighed on my mind. It's so simplistic. Asking the question IS pointless if they add a 3rd option.
    The reason they ask the question is for tracking someone down. Could it be that in the third category, the ATF agents would know that although the person was born a male, that they could be looking for a female now? All that it's really doing is giving them a hint that MAYBE things won't be as they think they are (which they should always assume to be the case anyway!)

I'm gonna ask the ATF next week. I'm gonna meet with them and it will be interesting to see what they have to say.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Member
    Now I am offended! I identify as a firetruck? Why are they discounting my identity?
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    This has weighed on my mind. It's so simplistic. Asking the question IS pointless if they add a 3rd option.
    The reason they ask the question is for tracking someone down. Could it be that in the third category, the ATF agents would know that although the person was born a male, that they could be looking for a female now? All that it's really doing is giving them a hint that MAYBE things won't be as they think they are (which they should always assume to be the case anyway!)

I'm gonna ask the ATF next week. I'm gonna meet with them and it will be interesting to see what they have to say.
    I mean to be fair if the future culprit is Caitlin Jenner or Jessica Yaniv wouldn't it be better to know exactly what you're looking for?

I am a Forum User
    If checking non-binary excludes one on grounds of mental illness, then I'm all for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Knockoff64 View Post
    If checking non-binary excludes one on grounds of mental illness, then I'm all for it!
    Hey, if it could save one life, it'd be worth it!

Our Attorney General would have to protect gun rights!
    Just me

Instructor: Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH, Hunter Safety
    NRA Life Member
    President of the Chippewa County Shooting Association

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by JDeko View Post
    I mean to be fair if the future culprit is Caitlin Jenner or Jessica Yaniv wouldn't it be better to know exactly what you're looking for?
    Any handgun purchased prior to 2017 would have the ATF looking for a man. They would have no idea that they are looking for someone that tried to get right with their genetics.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Member
    I don't have any input on the sex question as personally I don't care.

However, as a dealer I don't like it. I don't like having the gun information before the customer part as we'll now have to tell most customers where to start entering the information. It's a lot easier with the current one to just say fill out the front page and sign at the top of the second page.

I think it's not very fluid.
    Patriot Wholesale Direct LLC - FFL Dealer
    40 Engelwood Dr Ste A Lake Orion, MI (M-F 10am-5pm) - PWDGuns.com - ( 248 ) 481-7083
    $20 FFL Transfer - Guns@PatriotWholesaleDirect.com - Contact us for a quote on a new gun!
    Glock Stocking Dealer & Glock Blue Label Dealer • $20 Transfer Fee

Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    Any handgun purchased prior to 2017 would have the ATF looking for a man. They would have no idea that they are looking for someone that tried to get right with their genetics.
    Second best time to plant an oak tree is today.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast