Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Member

Anyone experiences using Quiet Bore's kits (or others)

Came across this company quietbore dot com recently, seems to me to have their act together and some decent reviews on the suppressors built from their solvent traps (Form 1, legally.)

I'm pretty capable with tools but am not a machinist and don't have a full machine shop at my disposal. The Form 1 route seems straightforward, and Quiet Bore's company appears to be aware of how to make it easy to build your own (legal, Form 1) suppressor with their drill fixtures, parts kits, etc. I get the sense from their website that the experience would be a good one.

Anyone here have experience with Quiet Bore they would be willing to share? Or, how about other Form 1-solvent trap-to-suppressor companies that they'd recommend?

I am a Forum User
    No experience with Quietbore. My 2 form 1's are rifle cans built from SDTA titanium tubes and end caps I used titanium VSR's and cut tubing as spacers. I would not try a form 1 can without a lathe or mill to drill the holes concentric. A drill press can result in inconsistent alignment and POI shifts, baffle strikes etc. I am very happy with the quality of my SDTA parts but had to do most of the machine work and fitment myself.

you didn't specify rimfire, rifle or pistol caliber.

Here's some info on the 22 rimfire kits. https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/V...kit/55-503967/

Here's another on rifle cans. https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Q...hts/55-505418/