Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

CZ82 Failure to Feed... troubleshooting??

Hi all,
    Have a CZ82. Was my first handgun. Began having issues, failure to feed issues shortly after acquiring it. Did some troubleshooting, tried all kinds of ammo, FTF with all types, replaced the recoil spring and firing pin with Wolff springs, got some new mags. For those familiar, you may remember the counterfeit mags that came in a few years ago - total crap. But I also got some mags machined by Keep Shooting - quality stuff. Same issues. Issued mag had the fewest problems, as stated elsewhere online, but still caused problems. Cleaned all the mags, no avail. Online, people discuss feedramp issues, but it seemed okay to me and I wasn't sure how to go about fixing it if it was damaged. Put it back in the safe in disgust. Years pass...

Tonight I took it out and was reminded how much I like the gun. Cleaned it carefully, the mags too. Everything seems to be in order. I was able to take a good pic of the feedramp. The flash catches it I think. I see two small lines towards the bottom. Running my fingers over them, I can't even really feel them. Does anyone have any insight or experience with this issue? Do the lines in the pic look problematic enough? Is there anything I'm missing here?

Thanks in advance!

~Coop

I am a Forum User
    And the picture didn't post... hmmmm...
    So, how do you actually get a picture in here?

Quote Originally Posted by coope219 View Post
    And the picture didn't post... hmmmm...
    So, how do you actually get a picture in here?
    you got the format of the "IMG" tags right, but you need to put the URL of the actual img in there. It should end with an image suffix like .jpg or .tif or .png.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User

https://sites.google.com/view/feedra...ome?authuser=1

Here's a Google site with the pic, I hope this works...

Thanks!
    Last edited by coope219; 01-06-2020 at 11:55 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Hard to tell much from the pic.. I have a CZ -83 , believe it's very similar.. mine never has had any feed or eject problems.
    I know that attacking the feed ramp, altering angles, etc..has messed up a lot of pistols..if you don't know what you're doing.
    Would be a drive for you, but if you could take it to Doug Jones (nr. M-59 & Crooks, -Rochester Hills)
    he could tell you what the problem is, & most important..how to fix it.

or if you want to try another mag..https://gunmagwarehouse.com/cz-82-9x...fault_products
    Last edited by joepistol; 01-07-2020 at 01:18 AM.

I have a CZ83 (380), the 82/83 take the same mag as you probably already know. I got mine with 2 issued mags and I knew it had a feeding issue most likely weak springs from the Gentleman I bought it from. I came across a vendor that had a few surplus mags in great shape, that cured my problem.
    I found a couple what seems like genuine mags here https://www.apexgunparts.com/czech-c...m-makarov.html for 24.99 if you want to try an original mag.
    If you were closer I'd offer to meet you at a range to try my mags to at least figure out the issue. if you're ever down by Wayne, I'd be happy to meet up with you.

Attachment 83609

Need more Pics, from the Side and Top down, for others to comment.

Ramp should be smooth no bumps or sharp edges.. (from frame to barrel?)

Look at the ammo (case, bullet) for marks, that will id issues and where to go

Check Mag and then see Doug Jones or other smith

Tread Lightly if you want to smooth

Marketplace Moderator
    You stated this is your first pistol. Limp wristing when you fire a semi-auto pistol will cause malfunctions. If you are new to semi-auto pistols, this is probably your problem. CZ makes good quality pistols.
    Good Safe Shooting, MOOSE

I am a Forum User
    Thanks guys for the responses. I will definitely try to get more pics from different angles tonight. Yes I've been reading those threads from Calguns as well. Kind of lead me to the feedramp issue. I'll head to range this weekend to see what difference a thorough cleaning of gun and mags makes. It's been a few years since I've shot it and I've since purchased a few different types of brass case and critical defense rounds for my P83. Maybe it will like brass. I don't think I was limp-wristing back then but I've done a lot more shooting since then, we'll see this weekend. Anyways thanks again. More pics tonight and then I'll give an update after shooting this weekend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast