Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Is there a combo set up that allows a prism red dot to cowitness on ak

I like my Midwest mount and vortex on my saiga.

I have another saiga I want to try prism mount, or possibly an illuminated low power scope since second ak is a 5.56x45.

I have astigmatism so I want to see what I have been missing, apparently prism red dot will be nice and clear to my eyes.

I installed an Attero Bravo mount on my Mini Draco. It's low, gives a lower 1/3 cowitness.
    https://www.atteroarms.com/?shopp_product=bravo-mount

Active airport shooter

The problem with prism red dots, well at least with my PA Cyclops, is the eye relief. You need to treat it like a scope, and is why I mounted it as far back as possible on my SAR-1. You can see the front post, but not the rear in this set up, but it has an etched reticle, so really no need for cowitness.
    Last edited by JDG; 01-12-2020 at 08:49 AM.
    Active airport shooter

Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    I installed an Attero Bravo mount on my Mini Draco. It's low, gives a lower 1/3 cowitness.
    https://www.atteroarms.com/?shopp_product=bravo-mount

Ohh I that a prism or Holo red dot.

I was interested in trying a holographic since I have astigmatism.

I have a vortex I think spark ii, and a primary arms red dot
    Depending on the brightness it's not the greatest dot.

I really want it to cowitness if possible

My saiga has side mount with Midwest mount that is super low.

Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    The problem with prism red dots, well at least with my PA Cyclops, is the eye relief. You need to treat it like a scope, and is why I mounted it as far back as possible on my SAR-1. You can see the front post, but not the rear in this set up, but it has an etched reticle, so really no need for cowitness.
    I think I would maybe be fine with it far back like that, is that the lowest mounting option ?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I think I would maybe be fine with it far back like that, is that the lowest mounting option ?
    The RS Regulate is as low as it gets. It is very comfortable to look through, no neck stretch. The PA dot on the Attero Mount appears clear and sharp to me. I have mild astigmatism in my right eye, but the 2 moa dot appears fine.
    Just enough room to get the cover on and off

The Cyclops reticle is small, but very sharp and usable with the adjustable focus on the ocular lense.
    Last edited by JDG; 01-13-2020 at 05:43 PM.
    Active airport shooter

I can't do the primary at highesr couple clicks it turns to three pointed star. Not like it's unusable. Just a nice ak, but still just an ak.