Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member

Hunter Safety Classes

Any suggestions on classes in or around Lansing? Bonus points if they aren’t completely filled with children. Thanks!

MGO Board of Directors

"But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

Our local DNR office keeps a list of people that need a class. When we offer a class we just call the lady at the office and she alerts the folks on the list. That way you don't have to find where they are or when they are offered.
    Just me

Instructor: Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH, Hunter Safety
    NRA Life Member
    President of the Chippewa County Shooting Association

MGO Member
    I saw in another thread that there might be the possibility of an MGO-sponsored class, to run as a sort of MGO fundraiser. I'd definitely be interested if such a thing could be arranged within a convenient distance.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Corsten View Post
    I saw in another thread that there might be the possibility of an MGO-sponsored class, to run as a sort of MGO fundraiser. I'd definitely be interested if such a thing could be arranged within a convenient distance.
    +1, I could fill up to 4 seats, if close enough to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Corsten View Post
    The DNR is dead set against using Hunter Safety as a fundraiser. You have to report your expenses and you can't show a profit if you charge more than ten dollars. Even then, if someone says they don't have ten dollars you have to give them the class for free. If you do it long enough, you'll get a pin.
    Just me

Instructor: Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH, Hunter Safety
    NRA Life Member
    President of the Chippewa County Shooting Association

MGO Member
    That is asinine, but what can you do?

The thing is this: for many of us, the idea of waiting until some future date uncertain for a $10 class is vastly less appealing/helpful/useful than having classes available at convenient times and locations. I would gladly pay far more than $10 to the DNR or as an MGO fundraiser or whatever to see that happen so I can get this class thing out of the way, right now during what for me is a slow time of year. The DNR, ideally, would recognize that I a more probably not the only would be hunter thinking that way. And yet they appear not to and we see hunter numbers keep dropping as fewer and fewer new folks get onboard...
    Last edited by Corsten; 01-28-2020 at 10:43 AM.

Genesee, Ionia and Montcalm counties have several coming up soon. Eaton has a bunch scheduled but not until the summer. Ingham and Clinton must be lacking volunteers.

The guys that run them are all volunteers, maybe you could step up and run some in Ingham county when it's convenient for you?

MGO Board of Directors

I'm not opposed to trying to set up an online MGO Hunter Safety Class if the BOD is interested. We'd still need to have a day on the range, which could be a problem because the internet is so big and our local is so.... local.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    I'm not opposed to trying to set up an online MGO Hunter Safety Class if the BOD is interested. We'd still need to have a day on the range, which could be a problem because the internet is so big and our local is so.... local.
    Draken is our training guy...
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast