Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Where do y'all shoot? I'm looking for an indoor 24x7 access pistol range/club closest to Dearborn

Hello everyone,

Ever since moving down south, I miss my alma mater Flushing Rifle & Pistol Club which is a private club with a heated indoor pistol range where member's have 24x7 card key access. There you are also free to do things like draw from holster, etc. that most of the store type indoor ranges around here don't allow unless you're in some kind of organized class.

I was wondering if there is any place like that closer to Dearborn? Private club, 24x7 access, indoor/heated.

Thanks!

FC

Nope, closest 24 hour keycard access range I know of is in Fenton, which is quite the hike from you.

I've been hoping someone would open up a 24 hour keycard range in the Detroit area ever since I moved here about 8 years ago, so far...none that I know of.

Maybe one day.

I've really hoped the same as well since I learned such things existed whilst reading Concealed Carry Magazine. Shame there really aren't any around here.

Hillman Sportsman Club.
    Formerly Known As RevDerb since 2008 with 9,457 posts.
    VietNam era vet (USN - CTT2, USNR - CTT3), NRA Life Member, NRA Certified RSO, SAF, GOA.
    Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum.
    http://revderb.blogspot.com John 5:24 <><

OCSC

Thanks everyone! Looks like Oakland County is the closest to Dearborn.

FC

Is OCSC really 24/7? Because Google said otherwise, but granted I didn't explore their site.

Quote Originally Posted by JDeko View Post
    Is OCSC really 24/7? Because Google said otherwise, but granted I didn't explore their site.
    I believe that it is. I am not a member there ( I am a multi-Laker). I do shoot some matches there and have spoke with members that told me key card access 24/7. Unless there is a scheduled event going on.
    Last edited by Walleyeguy; 01-14-2020 at 07:52 AM. Reason: spelling

I am a Forum User
    Is OCSC really 24/7?...
    yes it is.

As a 25+ yr. member, I have seen a LOT of changes in the ranges, & club.
    The range is busy @ some times, deserted @ others.
    The ranges have rules, which some have ignored.
    Recently, new steps have been taken to hold those NOT following range rules accountable..
    including stiff consequences for those violators..up to, & including loss of membership for serious offenders.

The indoor range is for pistol & .22 rimfire rifles only. No magnum calibers are allowed, also no 10mm loads.
    There is usually no range officer present, but there are cameras (in a locked office) that cover , record , & monitor the range.

I post this NOT to discourage anyone, but to inform those that think access to an unsupervised 24 hr. indoor range in some way means you can
    go & do whatever you want @ the range, if no one else is present. Follow the rules & it's a great place to be a member & enjoy shooting.

Google OCSC & you can read more about the club. &/or watch the range video..(though some changes have been made since the video was posted)

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    Is OCSC really 24/7?...
    yes it is.
    That's a massive selling point for me to drop in a run a couple hundred pistol rounds on a sunday night.
    I'd sign up tomorrow. I've had an application sitting around for a year, maybe two.
    Visited as a guest several times, always enjoyed myself, and great conversation with other members.

Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    As a 25+ yr. member, I have seen a LOT of changes in the ranges, & club.
    Change the 'single round loading' rule for the rifle range and I'll drop the application and check off!
    I'm fine with no mag dumps, no drums, 3 second rule, all of that. But single shot loading is arduous at best for no greater benefit to safety, IMO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast