Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

"Aiming is Useless"

https://youtu.be/li0rGtXh23I

Worth considering

In Memoriam Forum User
    If you're totally familiar with your gun I believe his technique can work with practice. Some call it point shooting or instinctive shooting. As a kid I had a Crossman BB gun that looked like a 1911. For some reason I used to shoot it without using the sights and I got really good with it.

Quote Originally Posted by VIGILANT View Post
    If you're totally familiar with your gun I believe his technique can work with practice. Some call it point shooting or instinctive shooting. As a kid I had a Crossman BB gun that looked like a 1911. For some reason I used to shoot it without using the sights and I got really good with it.
    That's very appropriate.

Probably watched the BB's flight by looking over the sights? They used o teach shotgunning like that then worked the young shooter up into hitting small objects with the BB gun then into the shotgun. (And the shooter didn't have to really see the shot pattern always - he just had to miss once in a while and adjust by his developed instincts. Akin to watering a lawn)

Golfers have a great instinct / sense of 'feel' developed by yielding themselves to howw they can achieve certain desired effects. The best were always self-taught

(And no one ever 'taught' Roberto Duran or Sugar Ray Robinson or Jack Johnson how to slip a punch )

I'd bet you became a pretty good long gun of some kind shooter.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeDee View Post
    I'd bet you became a pretty good long gun of some kind shooter.
    I'm no expert but I do OK. I've never shot over 100 yards however. I seem to do my best with iron sights.

He Never Used Sights:

Name:  James_cagney_promo_photo.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  90.2 KB

MGO Board of Directors

"But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    3rd holler on the right then up the road a piece.
    Fisher must not he around anymore he would have a field day on ya for considering point shooting.

I am a Forum User
    He is not point shooting at all. He's using the dot but not focusing solely on keeping it motionless on the target as he squeezes the trigger.

MGO Member
    Yes, he isn't saying don't use sights and point shoot, he's saying that the first priority needs to be a trigger squeeze without moving the gun...THEN worry about aiming. Pretty interesting concept. I'm one of those shooters he describes. I can place aimed shots well (and slowly) but fall apart when going fast.

In Memoriam Forum User
    "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

- Sweet Brown