Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    I really hope they can get it under control because I do believe there are people in that group that genuinely want to learn.
    I agree, and it is getting better every day. The nice thing is there are people there willing to teach as well.

Cheboygan County will vote on being a "Second Amendment Sanctuary County" on January 28.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    I agree, and it is getting better every day. The nice thing is there are people there willing to teach as well.
    Sadly, I will have to say that it is just getting worse, especially after seeing how the Admin treats people that are being genuinely helpful, most notably, MOC president Tom Lambert.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Sadly, I will have to say that it is just getting worse, especially after seeing how the Admin treats people that are being genuinely helpful, most notably, MOC president Tom Lambert.
    Well it was getting better for a while.

We just got it passed in Mackinac county.
    Just me

Instructor: Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH, Hunter Safety
    NRA Life Member
    President of the Chippewa County Shooting Association

Yes

Banned
    Why? what's the point? It's mental masturbation with no teeth. No sheriff in MI is actually going to arrest state police, feds, or other agents enforcing laws.

And they're not trying to pass laws right now anyway.

Even in Virginia, the "sanctuary" counties and cities really don't have teeth.

And you still have to register your pistols, you still have to have tax stamps, you can't carry a loaded rifle in your car, can't open carry in a vehicle without a CPL...

They accomplish not a damn thing except making a few people feel good, ensuring they re-elect their local politicians.

Money in the bank for the local legislatures. HEY! If we write this meaningless ******** up, and sign it, people will vote for us! We don't even have to actually back it up!

I do it to get Midlandshooter all twisted up.
    Just me

Instructor: Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH, Hunter Safety
    NRA Life Member
    President of the Chippewa County Shooting Association

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by midlandshooter View Post
    Why? what's the point? It's mental masturbation with no teeth. No sheriff in MI is actually going to arrest state police, feds, or other agents enforcing laws.
    Never mind the fact that they can't. This was tried in the late 19th century with US Marshalls and didn't work.

And you still have to register your pistols, you still have to have tax stamps, you can't carry a loaded rifle in your car, can't open carry in a vehicle without a CPL...
    True. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but there seem to be a fair number of people that believe their county will be some kind of sovereign territory, with no gun laws being enforced.

They accomplish not a damn thing except making a few people feel good, ensuring they re-elect their local politicians.

Money in the bank for the local legislatures. HEY! If we write this meaningless ******** up, and sign it, people will vote for us! We don't even have to actually back it up!
    I suspect you are right. Most of what I have seen is just right leaning virtue signaling to pander to the voters.

However, there are some tangible things that can be done. The joint resolution by MOC/MGO/MCRGO is realistic and honest. The same can't be said for most of the others ones.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast