Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

A R Rifles vs. Knives

Here are some interesting numbers.

"With an average of 13,657 homicides per year during the 2007-2017 time frame, about one-tenth of one percent of homicides were produced by mass shootings involving AR-15s. According to a New York Times analysis, since 2007, at least “173 people have been killed in mass shootings in the United States involving AR-15s.”Jan 11, 2019

From the CDC
    "Between 2007 and 2017, nearly 1,700 people were murdered with a knife or sharp object per year. That’s almost four times the number of people murdered by an assailant with any sort of rifle."

Sounds like those "sharp objects" are far more dangerous than an A R.

Over 40,000 people died in car accidents in 2017 alone. I think we need to have a real conversation about background checks to own or operate motor vehicles. Maybe a ban on vehicles that go over 30 mph or hold more than two people.
    The heck with these petty gun or knife statistics. Let's ban vehicles all together and really save some lives. YEAH !
    If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

But, if we attempt a ban on vehicles, all those VIP's, politicians and other self-important people will be surrounded by vehicles that us common folk shouldn't have access to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    But, if we attempt a ban on vehicles, all those VIP's, politicians and other self-important people will be surrounded by vehicles that us common folk shouldn't have access to.
    All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.

MGO Member
    How many people die from alcohol related incidents? Maybe we need background checks to buy alcohol, if you every had a dui or any other alcohol related charge then no booze!
    I'll bet that alcohol is involved in many of the gun, knife, and auto deaths.

AND NO, I am not anti alcohol. Fine for people that can control it, bad for people that are controlled by it.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

The numbers on firearms deaths are always pumped up by events that include one gang member shooting a member of another gang.

I had a Houston PD officer tell me they called that the "self cleaning oven" effect.