Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I think it is great that people that have never really been engaged on the subject are getting interested. They're learning the process and are learning the same stuff that rest of us already know.

Frankly, the resolution floating around in Lansing is the most disappointing one, as far as I'm concerned. Our legislature should be using these county resolutions to claim a mandate for change to our current, unconstitutional laws. Their resolution is coming across as "me too".... leading from behind.
    Just me

Instructor: Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH, Hunter Safety
    NRA Life Member
    President of the Chippewa County Shooting Association

MGO Board of Directors

ah... I'm still not convinced this is a good use of our resources.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    I think it is great that people that have never really been engaged on the subject are getting interested. They're learning the process and are learning the same stuff that rest of us already know.

Frankly, the resolution floating around in Lansing is the most disappointing one, as far as I'm concerned. Our legislature should be using these county resolutions to claim a mandate for change to our current, unconstitutional laws. Their resolution is coming across as "me too".... leading from behind.
    I guess I must be out of the loop. What is the resolution that is floating around in Lansing? Can you point me in the right direction?

Cheboygan County approved the resolution this morning - 6-1.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by UpNorthWOLF View Post
    Cheboygan County approved the resolution this morning - 6-1.
    https://upnorthlive.com/news/local/c...+29+newsletter
    "I'm good to go, even if I'm not going anywhere."

Add Lapeer County as of this morning

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    I guess I must be out of the loop. What is the resolution that is floating around in Lansing? Can you point me in the right direction?
    Pm me with your email and I'll send it to you.
    Just me

Instructor: Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH, Hunter Safety
    NRA Life Member
    President of the Chippewa County Shooting Association

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    ah... I'm still not convinced this is a good use of our resources.
    Not even a little bit. But it gets people re elected, LOL!

I am a Forum User
    Resolution being signed on 2-11 at 9am, at the Iosco County courthouse.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    I believe this gun sanctuary county movement is a great preemptive move. We know our governor and AG are in favor of “Red Flag” gun laws and worst. The reason they are laying back is that Michigan can be a swing state in the upcoming election. Trump barely carried it in 2016 and the Democrats are playing it safe not trying to stir up the conservative side especially the gun owners. You can bet if Bernie or one of the others are elected our state will push for measures like what Virginia is doing. They are on the defense let’s be on the offense. Let’s push our agenda and see how the democrats react. Hopefully we can bait them into doing something stupid that will stir up all gun owners and conservatives for the up coming election. This also gives us gun owners a good chance to organize for anything else down the road our lawmakers throw at us. Why sit passively by when we can be pro active in this matter. Get involved, organize!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast