Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I'm there.
    Just me

Instructor: Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH, Hunter Safety
    NRA Life Member
    President of the Chippewa County Shooting Association

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by VIGILANT View Post
    Facebook is the best way to reach a lot of anti-gun people. People who value the 4A don't use Facebook.
    Hmm...
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

I see nothing about a private business in there, the 4th doesn't apply.

Yes, there are privacy concerns, but it has nothing to do with the 4th.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Tallbear View Post
    Why are people taking the word of someone else and not looking for themselves if it is as bad or good as they say?
    I kinda take offense at your stupid question.

One day, you'll look back and say "Facebook. What a farce."

Not all people are fall in line with the crowd and jump on the latest daytime soap opera social media craze.
    An official from MOC mentioned that the facebook thing was a mess. MGO's Mitommy said the same thing. Both of these guys seem very credible to me. Why would I doubt them?

I would rather ask than not know, and then verify when told by asking someone different.

You like Facebook so much, try doing a perfectly legal thing on their site - sell me a box of shotgun shells. Anyone that infringes on my legal rights is no friend of mine. You obviously go with the crowd and think differently.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Hmm...
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

I didn't say it does apply. I said "People who value the 4A don't use Facebook. "

I think that you entirely missed the concept and the point of the comment.
    It has nothing to do with applying the 4th, it has to do with the mindset of those that value their privacy at all levels.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Quote Originally Posted by VIGILANT View Post
    I didn't say it does apply. I said "People who value the 4A don't use Facebook. "
    If you have a CPL, you've given up your 4A rights. Your fingerprints are kept and used by the government, just like the criminals. They seem to consider gun owners as part of Michigan's criminal element.

I hate facethingy but I'm on it.

Just sayin'...
    Just me

Instructor: Basic Pistol, PPIH, PPOH, Hunter Safety
    NRA Life Member
    President of the Chippewa County Shooting Association

MGO Board of Directors

As far as the resolution goes....

I've studied the county government resolution. Gone through it many times, word by word in the last few weeks.
    It has no strength of law; It seems to be a feel good aspiration.
    I don't see us being against it by any means, but let's think real hard before we jump on the bandwagon. What can be accomplished verses what will be accomplished? What will we, as an Org. have to gain/lose. County Commissioners and county prosecutors are not bound by the resolution, even if they sign it.
    I see peer pressure and mob mentality reigning over educated and well thought out decisions.

And after the "Sanctuary City" BS that the liberals flaunted in the face of law, why would ANY conservative group use the word "Sanctuary" when trying to reaffirm the constitution? Poorly thought out when the connotation is a place of refuge and safety for gun owners.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    I think that you entirely missed the concept and the point of the comment.
    It has nothing to do with applying the 4th, it has to do with the mindset of those that value their privacy at all levels.
    If you're that worried about privacy on all levels you will have solar running a battery bank (maybe a few small wind turbines) for the little bit of power you need for your 1 room cabin in the woods, and that would included zero internet use. If you're online, use a cell phone, drive, go to public places...your privacy is very much at risk. Facebook is neither better or worse then most other sites out there, there is just more info there to mine.

If you're that worried about privacy on all levels you will have solar running a battery bank (maybe a few small wind turbines) for the little bit of power you need for your 1 room cabin in the woods, and that would included zero internet use. If you're online, use a cell phone, drive, go to public places...your privacy is very much at risk. Facebook is neither better or worse then most other sites out there, there is just more info there to mine.
    And that is part of it. Another major portion is all of the "friends and Family" that know things, but don't have the conscious "filter" not to talk about it in public, nor do they realize that public media is PUBLIC.

All of the rest of that is just hyperbole, where the power comes from is of little significance. The level of privacy is a personal choice, until you open it up to public media, of the type that IS the Book of Face. The rest of what has been thrown up is not accessible without breaking laws.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast